Author Topic: Emails not leaving Exchange 2007  (Read 5293 times)

lar011

Emails not leaving Exchange 2007
« on: July 06, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »
Hi All

I installed the SBS 2008 server edition, just for the server not workstations, and straight away the emails would not leave exchange.
We did find that if we reboot the server the emails go out briefly, then stop again.

Unable to find any help on this forum, I un-installed it and all is now OK again, and emails are going out fine since yesterday, but I now have now protection on the server.

I have posted two questions to support, the first 5 days ago and still have no reply, I have also been phoning each day but get no reply.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Naija

Re: Emails not leaving Exchange 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:48:33 AM »
Do you have any firewall on your network? :)

lar011

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
Hi thanks for the reply, the firewall on the server is off but there is one on the router. I have now sorted it out though, after doing some more reading on these forums so thanks.

I fixed it by un-installing and re-installing but doing a custom install and selecting only the exchange plug-in and the file server plug-in, although I have lost my license it is all working fine now and all emails are going out again.

I read that if all the plug-ins are on it will block the emails going out.

Support finally got back to me to say they have escalated it to second line support, that was on the 7th, 4 days ago, I just hope I do not have another issue with the software as support is almost non existant.

kor42

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
I ran into this exact problem with Avast 4.8 server edition.
  Reboot and the emails would go out for a while, and then stop.

The problem was found to be a conflict between one of the Avast services has been started and the MS Exchange Server.
The problem was the Internet Mail shield.  If you disable that, the Exchange Server should work as expected.

If that doesn't release the emails, try stopping each shield, one at a time, until the emails are sent.  Then you can re-enable the other shields.