Author Topic: Review based on Online Scanner results  (Read 16574 times)

Stran05

Re: Review based on Online Scanner results
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 02:21:21 PM »
Hello, The Online Scanner Database September 2010 has been released, this time with 20 new samples again. There will be no Mini Summary or Part by Part Update. The samples that have been analyzed are new and includes MD5 checksums. This time only VirusTotal has been used as the Online Scanner. Kapsersky, GData and SUPERAntiSpyware would are not considered because of the respective reasons:

1) VirusTotal uses an old Kapsersky Engine for scanning.

2) GData uses twin engines of Avast and BitDefender.

3) SUPERAntispyware does not meet the criteria for the test.

For more information visit: http://www.ssrsecurity.wetpaint.com

Hi, the Raw Detection Rate sheet is now available for download. Download it from http://www.ssrsecurity.com or from the link given below:

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/Z9A5YxXdQkeJVjYkVVZaKA1165824

Please post your comments.

Stran05

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »
The whole project is finally out!

You can download the Rankings form the link below:

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/dhllmEtcIjYsj-CAKNIBYw62976

You can also download the Detection Results(with MD5 checksums) from the link below

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/Z9A5YxXdQkeJVjYkVVZaKA1165824

For more information visit: http://www.ssrsecurity.wetpaint.com

Please post your views and please comment on any aspect of these tests that can be improved.

Stran05

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 07:34:38 PM »
Your comments please.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »
 I get the feeling that you might have a bit of an avira fanboyism and you feel the need to post your remark's about how avast isn't doing so well in your test's, when you become a long standing and reputable virus testing company people will listen to what you have to say but you aren't and as such you are more regarded as a hack and your post's here in this forum are not well recieved so you should stick to the forum's that are willing to listen to your nonprofessional testing abilities  ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 09:37:23 PM »
I wonder if a) you have obtained VirusTotal's permission to use their data for your so called security review and b) if they know if you are doing it. Perhaps someone should ask them if they are aware of the use of their data for this purpose.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 10:14:53 PM »
Your comments please.

no comment here >>> you've been asked to stop that a few times already ::)

Hermite15

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »
I wonder if a) you have obtained VirusTotal's permission to use their data for your so called security review and b) if they know if you are doing it. Perhaps someone should ask them if they are aware of the use of their data for this purpose.

+1

Hermite15

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »

Stran05

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 05:14:07 AM »
There is no question of promoting Avira. As you can see, Avast is ahead of Avira in this recent test. The test is not built on my experience but around VirusTotal and if you dont trust them then there is nothing to do.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »
There is no question of promoting Avira. As you can see, Avast is ahead of Avira in this recent test. The test is not built on my experience but around VirusTotal and if you dont trust them then there is nothing to do.
It's not that we dont trust virus total, its your use and understanding of av product's and your lack of testing ability knowledge, plus you are not licensed or registered to be using virus total in your advertisements to your own site and link's, so for the unteenth time stop posting here on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:49:36 PM by craigb »

Hermite15

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 01:00:33 PM »

don't turn the problem into something completely irrelevant, the issue is not with VirusTotal, the issue is with you using their database illegally to feed your web site, and repost the results here, not mentioning that nobody's interested by your non-work.

Stran05

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 02:01:35 PM »
I am not aware of any illegal matter. When people use data from Wikipedia in their projects etc. people hardly blame them, but when I take data from VirusTotal, it becomes highly illegal. Then links to VirusTotal and AVComparatives are to be banned. Please forgive me for sharing my experiences here as you people here here are though very much educated in Network Sceurity topics are alawys addicted to pulling someone's leg. Thank You.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 03:20:43 PM »
If you aren't aware of what you are doing is or may be illegal, people are suggesting otherwise as you are using the virustotal data for a purpose entirely different to what it was intended when you start to use that as collated data in 'your own' so called security report.

It is up to you to ensure that what you are doing with this data is legal and you can only do that by seeking advice, gaining permission from virustotal, it is as simple as that.

It has nothing to do with what other people are doing, it is what you are doing.

When links to virustotal are posted here it is for the purpose of confirmation of a particular detection by an avast user so that they can any appropriate action. They are posting a link to their particular upload and not collating data from virustotal into any report. So don't try to excuse what you do by other peoples action of confirming a detection, they aren't putting together a so called security report.

You have seen that people aren't interested in your site or report, take it where it is wanted. You are effectively link spamming to your site.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security