Author Topic: Avast blocks document scans from my HP officejet 5610  (Read 2574 times)

fossowat

Avast blocks document scans from my HP officejet 5610
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »
Is there any way I can tell Avast to allow this particular program to run. I know it is safe to run.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast blocks document scans from my HP officejet 5610
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:50:19 AM »
Well avast doesn't block, but scans and alerts to infection, but it doesn't block. So are you saying avast is alerting when you try and use your printer ?

If you are saying avast is alerting, it is a) best to confirm the detection one way or another and b) if a false positive report it so it resolves the problem (for all users) and not just avoid the alert.

What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here the URL in the Address bar of the VT results page. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive. Now exclude that folder in the File System Shield, Expert Settings, Exclusions, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\*
That will stop the File System Shield scanning any file you put in that folder.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security