Author Topic: Avast free  (Read 8811 times)

Manoel Sagaz

Avast free
« on: July 24, 2010, 03:11:43 AM »
free avast is not working anymore ... :-[
avast pro installed and nothing works
I'm not getting uninstall avast free to be able to reinstall

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast free
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:14:24 AM »
What avast version are you using 4.8 or 5.0 ?

How did you install avast pro ?
What do you mean by "I'm not getting uninstall avast free to be able to reinstall" is it not in add remove programs or are you getting an error ?

If you are getting an error what is the error text ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Manoel Sagaz

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 03:17:36 AM »

Manoel Sagaz

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:20:14 AM »
I click fix, plus it does not correct
and not giving this to delete the folder Avast5

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 05:02:23 AM »
You can't delete the folder as it is being protected by the self-defence module. You have to use the normal windows add remove programs way to uninstall.

It would probably be best to do a clean reinstall:
- Download the latest version of avast, 5.0.594 http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.8 and 5.0).
  • 1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 4.8 if previously installed and then for 5.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Manoel Sagaz

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 07:07:42 AM »

=/

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 03:08:29 PM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 04:28:15 PM »

=/

As my instructions said and the image confirms, you must run the uninstall utility from windows safe mode. But it also seems to confirm that you ran the utility before uninstalling from windows add remove programs (as you didn't say that you couldn't uninstall in that way before).

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »
I prefer to download avast! 5 from filehippo as the link from avast!'s website will redirect you to download.com.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

SafeSurf

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 06:48:27 AM »
Manoel Sagaz,

Here are simple instructions for an uninstall of Avast and CLEAN install to fix your problems:

1. Save a copy of newest version of Avast (5.0.594) for the version you need and save it to your HDD (C:/drive):
Freehttp://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_free.exe
Pro  –  http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_pro.exe
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.0 and 5.0).  You will need to the uninstall tool for BOTH 4.0 and 5.0.
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time; turn off your connection from the Internet.
4. Uninstall Avast through "Add/Remove Programs" through Control Panel. 
5. Boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool.
6. Reboot.
7. Clean your computer up (clean up cache, temporary Internet files, etc.).
8. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot.
9. Get Internet access and update Avast definitions.
10. Register your copy or add the license key for Free or Pro.

Please let us know how this works for you. 

If you do have further problems, please let us know your OS and other information about your machine, in addition to what other security software (both current and past) antivirus, firewall, and other security software you have on your machine.  Thank you.

Manoel Sagaz

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
uninstall completely
Thank you!

SafeSurf

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 03:01:23 AM »
You stated that you had a problem with Avast being insecure and not working correctly.  An Avast Evangelists suggested to try and repair Avast, which did not work for you, so the other Evangelists suggested that you uninstall Avast and do a clean (from scratch) install of Avast.  This should solve your problem, but we want you to try it and post back and let us know if this fixed your problem.

The directions in my last post give you simple steps on how to do the uninstall and clean install of Avast.  Please let us know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Manoel Sagaz

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 04:49:07 AM »
the problem was the folder that was not giving avast5 to delete
with your post I realized I had to repair the folder avast5

avast doing this repair work normally again ...

Thank you very much

Jacksss

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 05:01:27 AM »
Maybe your avast's file was damage.You can try to Installation it again.

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Avast free
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 09:34:22 AM »
avast doing this repair work normally again ...
If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed.  Thank you. :)