Other > Viruses and worms

Google Redirect Virus, Need Help (w/ Logs)

<< < (3/3)

essexboy:
I like an easy one now and then  ;D  I would recommend updating to SP3 now

Looking at that I am a happy bunny  :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Run OTL
[*]Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

[/list]
--- Code: ---:Commands
[resethosts]
[purity]
[emptytemp]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
[Reboot]
--- End code ---
[*]Then click the Run Fix button at the top
[*]Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
[/list]

Click Start > Run  and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /Uninstall

Run OTL and hit the cleanup button.  It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.  MBAM can be uninstalled via control panel add/remove along with ERUNT.  But they may be useful tools to keep

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
[*]Click Start.
[*]Open My Computer.
[*]Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
[*]Select the View Tab.
[*]Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
[*]Click Yes to confirm.
[*]Click OK.
[/list]

SPRING CLEAN

Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes: [*]SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
Malwarebytes.  Run weekly to keep your system clean
[/list]
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit [*]Microsoft Windows Update
[/list]

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?
Keep safe  :wave:

helpz:
thanks so much essex, I haven't had any problems since!  ;D  I will do all those steps tomorrow right now I need some sleep :D  Thanks for the follow up!

essexboy:
No problems - enjoy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version