Author Topic: [Resolved]Info On Free version and Key  (Read 5138 times)

hayc59

[Resolved]Info On Free version and Key
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:05 AM »
once a regular 'joe'[not my real name ;)] like me has
the free exe. file and a free key code and lots of friends that
no nothing about the difference between a pc and ac/dc
can I just re-use the .exe and key code over and over
because it takes awhile to get another one e-mailed to me.

or what should I be doing to avoid all this? thanks for any and all info
Joe...LOL
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:40:11 AM by hayc59 »

rdmaloyjr

Re: Info On Free version and Key
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 04:02:45 AM »
With avast! 5 Free you wont get a email with license, just register though the ui.

Maintenance > Registration

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 04:21:27 AM »
First you don't say what version of avast you are considering doing this on, 4.8 or 5.0.

However, essentially, you can't use your key on their systems. As when you manually register in order to be able to have an email sent to you you are effectively making a declaration that you are using it for home and non-commercial use.

For avast 4.8 there is no other way but to register on-line making that declaration and getting the email and inserting the registration key. You can't make that declaration for them.

Since avast 5 allows for registration directly from the installed avastUI there is no need to register on-line and wait for the email, it is done directly. So you can use the same installation file and when installed on their system register it then and there through the avastUI.

- Registration avast5:
How to register avast 5 free on page 8
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/quick-start-guide-free-en-ww.pdf also see http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=459.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

hayc59

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 04:49:44 AM »
its 5.0 for sure! and thanks for the info!!

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 07:04:21 AM »
hayc59,

Go to PROFILE on the top of the main forum page > Modify Profile > Forum Profile Information > Signature.   Enter information about your system like the Operating System (OS), RAM, browser, security software, what version of Avast and firewall you use, and any add-on’s or other items you wish to mention.   The purpose of this is so that we can offer pertinent advice to you in the future.  Thank you.

If you feel that your issue is resolved/fixed, please go back to the open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed.  Thank you.  ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »
its 5.0 for sure! and thanks for the info!!

You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

hayc59

Re: [Resolved]Info On Free version and Key
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 08:44:18 AM »
SafeSurf thanks for the info and will do ;)