Author Topic: Good Combos with Avast!  (Read 4644 times)

Synapse

Good Combos with Avast!
« on: July 28, 2004, 07:40:30 AM »
Hi what are some good AVS combos for Avast! maybe like avast! w/ trend micro or what

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Good Combos with Avast!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 08:19:06 AM »
It is never advised to have two av applications running at the same time. Many times this will causes errors. It does happen that one prevents the other from working. As alternitive and to prevent conflicting you can do this. Install and run Avast as main av, create a bootable cd and put another (dos based) av on it so you can run it from there

Synapse

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 08:22:14 AM »
im not talking about running them at the same time, what i am saying is what is a good second AV to scan your system with when you are finished scanning with avast, because avast may miss some stuff that the other AV will pick up

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 08:24:30 AM »
Just run one (or more) of the online scanners. Panda, Housecall or one of the others

Synapse

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 08:53:32 AM »
ok and another thing, i recently removed a big virus from my computer with avast! and now everytime i try to open a notepad document, nothing happens, the notepad.exe i believe was deleted some how, ne suggestions? is there ne way i can download notepad.exe heh, because im currently on my bros comp and he would kill me if he finds this out

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 09:09:32 AM »
If I think correctly what it is, you will have a notpad.exe (this is correctly spelled) on the system. If so rename it to notepad.exe