Author Topic: Avast Home & TheBat! ??  (Read 4256 times)

Goner

Avast Home & TheBat! ??
« on: July 28, 2004, 02:42:48 PM »
hi,

just installed Avast in Windows 2000 using Mozilla mail and TheBat!
looking VERY good sofar !!

was a bit confused about the way Avast protects Mozilla and TB! in very different ways, but figured it out and it runs fine now with IMAP/SMTP (Mozilla) and POP3/SMTP (TB!, about 14 different accounts with various providers/servers).

question ; is there a way to get the 'clean' notes in my TB mail like in Mozilla ??

also i do not see an icon in the sys tray when 'm retrieving mail with TB! ??? i thought there was supposed to be a 'scanning icon' ...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 02:45:54 PM by Goner »

shgoh

Re:Avast Home & TheBat! ??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 03:16:15 PM »
you can click on the avast icon in your system tray and customize settings for the internet mail...to add a clean note etc..

as for the mailing scanning icon....check your avast.ini file in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA

[MailScanner]
ShowTrayIcon=1

hope this helps a little

Goner

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 05:12:19 PM »
you can click on the avast icon in your system tray and customize settings for the internet mail...to add a clean note etc..
that's just the problem ; TheBat! gets it's own plugin from Avast ... it's not configured thru the internet mail settings.
i get the notes in Mozilla mail but not in TheBat ...
as for the mailing scanning icon....check your avast.ini file
i've got :

[TheBat]
ShowTrayIcon=1
[MailScanner]
ShowTrayIcon=1

but no icon in the sys tray during mail retrieval ...

edit : not even when there's a Beagle Worm in the mail  - good time to test Avast with all these worms * viri on the loose  :-\
the plugin creates a new folder "Quarantine" and dumps the e-mail in it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 05:21:16 PM by Goner »

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 05:16:37 PM »
question ; is there a way to get the 'clean' notes in my TB mail like in Mozilla ??
The Bat currently does not support it.

also i do not see an icon in the sys tray when 'm retrieving mail with TB! ??? i thought there was supposed to be a 'scanning icon' ...
Go to Options->Preferences->Anti-Virus in The Bat, select avast plugin and click Configure.

Goner

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 05:25:08 PM »
The Bat currently does not support it.
OK.
Go to Options->Preferences->Anti-Virus in The Bat, select avast plugin and click Configure.
i've got "Show icon in system tray while scanning flagged" ...

[TheBat]
ShowTrayIcon=1