1) Happy Avast 5.0.594 user; feel secure due to its very high detection rate & its being rated amongst the top 3 antivirus in the world
2) WinXp Professional 32bit; Avast 5.0.594 + MalwarebytesAntimalware 1.46 + AdAware Anniversary Edition + Spybot Search & Destroy 18.104.22.168 + Spyware Terminator 22.214.171.124 + SpywareBlaster 4.3
3) All my installed security tools say picpick_inst.exe appears to be uninfected. By the way this is the exe of PicPick v 2.3.3 a screencapture tool. Its prior versions' installer exes carried a clean bill of health from everyone in virus total; from Avast 5.0.594 & also from all my installed security apps mentioned in point no.2
4) 2 McAfee antivirus programs in virustotal say version 2.3.3 is infected with Artemis! 5BC59F86A1C3 whereas 2 Avast programs in VirusTotal & my installed Avast 5.0.594 shows no problem Action Taken So Far
1) I've stored the installer .exe but not installed it
2) I read the forum instructions in this section before posting my query here
3) Since the .exe is uninstalled I've neither quarantined nor sent you sample as yet
4) Please advise me what should I do in this kind of situation?Query
1) I feel secure having Avast because it ranks amongst global top rankers
2) I do understand the concept of "False Positives"
3) But why does this happen - generally & in this instance? Meaning why does one app say there is a virus & another says there isn't one?