Author Topic: "Secured - Your System is Fully Protected"  (Read 2296 times)

ImWarm

"Secured - Your System is Fully Protected"
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »
Hi, whenever my AIS firewall is turned off, the summary page still says secured and there is no caution sign next to the avast icon in the system tray. See Screenshot. Can someone help? If this is normal/expected, then why? I would like to know when my firewall is off, as my system won't be fully protected then. Thanks. 

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: "Secured - Your System is Fully Protected"
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:45:15 AM »
I don't use the AIS version, but wouldn't that be covered in the avast Settings, Status Bar, Components Monitored as with the other avast versions ?

Check it out and see if there is an option for the firewall to monitor it or not.

See example of the free version Status Bar options.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ImWarm

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 05:09:40 AM »
Thanks for replying, and yes the status bar is monitoring the firewall feature. But the odd thing is, sometimes it will say Attention, other times it will say Secured. I forgot to mention that.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:20:40 AM »
I was hoping that it was something simple in that the firewall monitoring had been unchecked for some reason.

Not using AIS there is nothing I can try to see if I could replicate it, but I wonder if you have the windows firewall enabled (it is compatible with the avast one running) alongside the avast firewall ?

If you have then a) at least you have limited inbound protection and b) the Windows Security Center (WSC) wouldn't detect if the avast one was not running.

If however, you disabled the windows firewall, presumably the WSC would throw up its security pop-up. Obviously in this scenario you wouldn't have the limited inbound protection from the windows firewall.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security