Author Topic: Assistance with unknown error  (Read 3392 times)

xxgurthangxx

Assistance with unknown error
« on: August 03, 2004, 12:37:12 AM »
Ladies & Gents,

I inform you I know very little about computers except to have all programs auto update as I leave such matters to my friend whom installed Avast ver4 & is overseas at the moment thus I have been forced to get off my bum to search for help  :P

Last night I went to manually scan my pc & came across an unknown error - "storage could not be created for splash task".

After clicking ok, another unknown error pops up stating  "Configuration not loaded properly:Error DBS create object" which I find odd as I have never touched any settings on this or any other program.

I scanned my pc with AVG & adaware to ensure no nasties were on board, & when the programs came back negative uninstalled Avast.

Upon re-installation of ver4 & pro ver, the same messages presented themselves. So, at this point i could sit down and get frustrated or I could cheat a little and impose myself on your kind and helpful hearts and ask for your ideas and assistance.

Many thanks for your time.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Assistance with unknown error
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 12:44:03 AM »
gurthang, just click on 'settings' in my signature and search for ODBC and XML storage in that page. Your configuration seems to require XML to work properly and not ODBC (the default one).

If you do not find, click on 'control' in my signature and download the avast External Control, run it and choose the tweak of the database storage type (change it from ODBC to XML).

This will make your avast work. I tryed not to be so 'technical' in my answer...  ;)
Wellcome to avast forums.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 12:44:53 AM »
Do you still have AVG installed, having more than one antivirus program installed can cause conflict problems.

"Configuration not loaded properly:Error DBS create object"

This could be a conflict, if more than one AV is installed, avast may recognise that fact and fail/refuse to load to avoid any conflict.

Please Help us to Help you - User's FAQ - we need more information to be able to help fully. A visit to the - thread will give you a lot of useful advice and an idea of the information needed to Help you fully.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

xxgurthangxx

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 02:02:14 AM »
Technical, many thanks i am up and running again. I do find it odd that the program would suddenly decide to switch it's storage methods/requirements.

DavidR,I have never used any other scanner on this particular pc leaving Avast as my only scanner thus there is no conflict, many thanks for your response though.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 02:54:24 AM »
I do find it odd that the program would suddenly decide to switch it's storage methods/requirements.

I don't think avast change it... ODBC is the default, worked for you for a while, now you have XML which will be more stable to you. Anyway, wellcome to forums and stay around if you have any doubt/trouble...  ;)
The best things in life are free.