Author Topic: Need an advise..  (Read 2133 times)

Offline gautam7

Need an advise..
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:56:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

From few days i hv been woundering that should i need to updrade avast free to AIS. from few months i hv been actively doing e-banking, besides surrfing the web randomly.

from my understanding hacking can be protected through a firewall. AIS has a firewall and avast free dont. i m using Windows 7 firewall. i heard that windows 7 firewall is petty good. but the problem is i dont know how to use it manually. its in default mode and untill now it did not asked me anything like "allow" or "deny". Should i use other free firewall like comodo.

AIS has other function like Script shield and antispam. i dont need those. i mainly use firefox with noscript ( initially noscript was a bit irritating but i can use it quite well now and no problem ;D). and i use gmail and till now i dont hv a single spam in  my inbox.

Now the main question should i upgrade to AIS to be more protected.

waiting for ur kind reply....

with regards
Gautam
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Need an advise..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:21:22 PM »
Well, you can achieve the firewall protection with Comodo like you've said, for free.

In my personal opinion, you can use, in order, one of these:

Comodo
Online Armour
PCTools
Outpost Firewall Free
ZoneAlarm
The best things in life are free.