Author Topic: Avast causing access denied error  (Read 12419 times)

RuReady

Re: Avast causing access denied error
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 05:46:12 AM »
Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:50:04 AM by RuReady »

RuReady

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:01 AM »
RuReady, I'll need to pass it. Beyond my knowledge. Sorry.

Not a problem. It is beyond mine as well. I am not computer illiterate by any means. I can build a computer from the ground up and remove just about any form of malware. This, however, has me absolutely stumped.. Thanks for your help and for being honest enough to admit what I had to admit.. I just don't know enough for this one...lol. You post is very admirable.

CharleyO

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »

Windows Card Service is started/stopped through Services and not through MSCONFIG.

In XP, follow as below ......

Control Panel  >  Administrative Tools  >  Services

Once the Services window has opened, scroll down to the line for Windows CardSpace and under the column labled Startup Type, right click on the appropriate line and select stop.

RuReady

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »

Windows Card Service is started/stopped through Services and not through MSCONFIG.

In XP, follow as below ......

Control Panel  >  Administrative Tools  >  Services

Once the Services window has opened, scroll down to the line for Windows CardSpace and under the column labled Startup Type, right click on the appropriate line and select stop.

Actually it can be stopped from either location there is no difference. Check it out..

Nevertheless, I am now certain this is an issue with Avast and not just my computer. I know of 3 other people who are having this same issue after installing Avast. I guess this is not the forum to resolve the issue. Thanks for all the replies. This topic can now be closed