Author Topic: ie/bsod  (Read 3216 times)

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
ie/bsod
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:44:51 PM »
i have ie8 set to run sandboxed and everytime me or the kids click on a video(youtube)i get a bsod and then reboot?

win 7 64
ais(latest one)
hp laptop

i have tried the usual uninstall/install
i think that the virtualization part of this suite has serious problems with 64 bit(my opinion)but i have had nothing but problems with it,but hopefully it will get ironed out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:00:24 AM by bri »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: ie/bsod
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 03:15:21 AM »
Please, zip and upload the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file to this anonymous ftp server: ftp://ftp.asw.cz/incoming
The best things in life are free.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »
hey tech i found out the problem and it is comodo time machine.for some reason avast virtualization on ie doesnt play well with it and crashes when i watch a video.you answered my problem with the memory dump(couldnt find it) on the comodo forums.i have rollbaack on my other computers and i dont have this problem but rollback is expensive and i was testing out ctm,thanks man

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »
hey tech i found out the problem and it is comodo time machine.for some reason avast virtualization on ie doesnt play well with it and crashes when i watch a video.you answered my problem with the memory dump(couldnt find it) on the comodo forums.i have rollbaack on my other computers and i dont have this problem but rollback is expensive and i was testing out ctm,thanks man
Which is your username on Comodo forums?
Yes, CTM blocks the dump save. Does Rollback allow it? I'm surprised... How?

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 12:40:03 AM »
well ctm unchecks the options in my computer for dump file options and rollback doesnt.i havnt had a bsod on the vista 32 bit with rollback but it doesnt uncheck those settings but whether or not it saves the dump file i have no idea?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:09:45 AM »
The drivers of Rollback won't be active at that time... If Windows saves the dump, well, we'll have problems as far I can know.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 04:18:19 AM »
probably so,i think rollback is alot more mature than ctm but ctm is fairly new so it will not doubt improve.and other thing is that i think that alot of software has serious problems with 64 bit as in my case win 7 64 but no biggie as i like trying new stuff.