Author Topic: Question for ZoneAlarm 9.2 Free Users  (Read 12675 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Question for ZoneAlarm 9.2 Free Users
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 12:00:41 AM »
@ rdmaloyjr
You forgot the bit about, In your opinion "ZoneAlarm is by far the easiest firewall to set up and use."

Not everyone is going to agree with that statement and have their opinion. We are all different, our systems are all different, I gave up on Zone Alarm over 7 years ago and have used various forms of Agnitum's Outpost Firewall, which I have found to be pretty easy to set-up and use, plus I have never had any problems with it.

Yet you had problems with it didn't you, does that mean you are totally inept, no it doesn't. People are going to find differences on their system for different firewalls, that is a fact of life so calling someone totally inept is inappropriate. Even if you suffix your statement with No offence intended. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:03:16 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 12:33:05 AM »
DavidR,

I do remember you once said OP Pro wasn't an easy fw to use.  I guess you chaned your mind. ;D

With modati it was frustrating communicating with him. 

You know how it is with people we are trying to help and they don't the whole story.

Inept or not, he was functionally inept in helping me to help to help him.

in·ept  (n-pt)
adj.
1. Not apt or fitting; inappropriate.
a. Displaying a lack of judgment, sense, or reason; foolish: an inept remark.
b. Bungling or clumsy; incompetent: inept handling of the account.

He was at least bungling or clumsy in communicating the problem.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/inept

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 12:49:31 AM »
@ rdmaloyjr
You forgot the bit about, In your opinion "ZoneAlarm is by far the easiest firewall to set up and use."
Not everyone is going to agree with that statement and have their opinion.

+1 !!!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2010, 12:57:31 AM »
Alright, the built in Windows fw is easiest to use. ;D ;D ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 02:25:41 AM »
DavidR,

I do remember you once said OP Pro wasn't an easy fw to use.  I guess you chaned your mind. ;D
I certainly don't recall that, I would be happy for you to post the reference/link and see what the context of the post is within the topic. As I said before I have been using Outpost for over seven years, even longer than the six and a half years on the forums, so I would imagine by that time I would have been pretty familiar with it.

I also didn't say others said they found it pretty easy but me, a lot depends on what settings you choose when you install as to how much you will get in the way of pop-ups, the same for most firewalls.

With modati it was frustrating communicating with him. 
Then stop communicating and the name calling as that will only perpetuate the communication.

You know how it is with people we are trying to help and they don't the whole story.
Inept or not, he was functionally inept in helping me to help to help him.
<snip>
Yes I do know how difficult it can be to help some people, it is just as important to retain your control or you drag yourself down if it becomes personal with name calling/denigration, etc. etc. It is just easier to simply make your point and without any slight and don't bother responding.

Which is exactly what I will be doing in this topic which has gone to hell in a hand basket.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 02:38:19 AM »
Then stop communicating and the name calling as that will only perpetuate the communication.

name calling ???  Where ???