How to contact avast: http://www.avast.com/contacts
. Under Customer Support > Submit a Technical Support Ticket. We can still help you here until they assist you.
Since you are unable to run the Add/Remove Programs to remove Avast, please try this: NOTE: Steps 1 - 2 can be skipped if done already.
1. Save a copy of newest version of Avast (5.0.594) for the version you need and save it to your HDD:AIS
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.0 and 5.0).
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Boot into Safe Mode
(hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Utility Tool
. You need to uninstall Avast 5.0 since a previous poster gave you instructions to install the 5.0 Pro instead of AIS. You also need to uninstall AIS at this point.
5. Reboot twice
6. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot
7. Get Internet access and update Avast definitions.
8. Register your copy or add the license key for AIS.
Please let us know how this works for you.
Also, you may want to hide your email
in your Signature. Go to Profile > Account Related Settings > click the box that says to Hide your email. You will see your email, but others cannot.