Author Topic: Cant see Avast Pro icon anywhere and not showing up in downloaded programs  (Read 7932 times)

reno43

I have downloaded my purchased copy of avast! Internet Security 5.0 (3 PCs, 2 years). I have also inserted the licence key. my email tells me that I should see the program icon in the tray but nothing there. Also there is no indication in my programs that is there either. the setup file is still on my desktop but nothing else. Where oh where could it all be. ???
I hope someone can help me on this...
cheers
Kerri

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Do you use any other antivirus in your computer?

Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?
The best things in life are free.

reno43

thanks for your reply. i cannot remove from add/remove area.
I am getting a new prblem now.
the program has downloaded but the error report is this

>The application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.

It is advising me to reinstall yet again
I have done this several times now and its really starting to make me cross.
Realy dont know where to go from here ::)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Try a clean reinstall:
- Download the latest version of avast, 5.0.594 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_pro.exe and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.8 and 5.0).
  • 1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that as you mention, start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 4.8 if previously installed and then for 5.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

reno43

who can I contact by phone for tech support here in Australia
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:54:09 AM »
Well still nothing. I have paid for this and I am unable to use it. does anyone know who I can contact here in Australia for technical support for AVAst by phone.  :-[

SafeSurf

The uninstall and CLEAN install did not resolve your problem?  Did you use the Uninstall Utility Tool in Safe Mode?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
reno43, after you downloaded the setup file, did you actually run it, to install?
Downloading alone won't install it.

What antivirus were you using before?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

SafeSurf

How to contact avast: http://www.avast.com/contacts.  Under Customer Support > Submit a Technical Support Ticket.  We can still help you here until they assist you.

Since you are unable to run the Add/Remove Programs to remove Avast, please try this:  NOTE:  Steps 1 - 2 can be skipped if done already.

1. Save a copy of newest version of Avast (5.0.594) for the version you need and save it to your HDD:
AIS  –  http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exe
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.0 and 5.0). 
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Utility ToolYou need to uninstall Avast 5.0 since a previous poster gave you instructions to install the 5.0 Pro instead of AIS.  You also need to uninstall AIS at this point.
5. Reboot twice.
6. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot.
7. Get Internet access and update Avast definitions.
8. Register your copy or add the license key for AIS.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Also, you may want to hide your email in your Signature.  Go to Profile > Account Related Settings > click the box that says to Hide your email.  You will see your email, but others cannot.  ;)