Author Topic: Auto detect (use Internet Explorer settings) for proxy does not work in 5.0.462  (Read 6974 times)

John_M

I occasionally have to bring my personal laptop into work where a proxy server is used to access the Internet.  I have to reconfigure IE 8 and Avast 5 to use the proxy server.  I thought I could save a little time by setting Avast to "Auto detect (use Internet Explorer settings)" to update its virus signatures.  However, when I do so Avast will not update, even after a reboot.  IE, however, connects to the Internet correctly after setting the proxy server.  In Avast, I have to select "Specify proxy server" and put in the appropriate information.  This proxy server does not require authentication.  I am using Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit) with all the patches as of today (3/24/2010).  This is just a minor nuisance, but it would be nice if it worked.

Thank you!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
i would add a new profile to ur os, so u have one 4 home & one 4 work.
so all the proxy troubles would be obsolete.
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

diginsight

@john

I have exactly the same problem using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on my Asus notebook.

@asyn

If you mean creating two different windows accounts, than that is unacceptable for me.

The auto detect (use Internet Explorer setting) proxy setting should work as advertised. I should only be concerned setting the proxy in Internet Explorer.

alexnet

I've the same problem :(
Version of my avast internet security - 5.0.594
Technical support team, please help!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Change the avast Settings, Updates, Proxy Settings to Direct connection (no proxy).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

alexnet

Change the avast Settings, Updates, Proxy Settings to Direct connection (no proxy).
What do you mean? Do you suggest to use direct connection setting for network environment with proxy?  ??? 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
What do you mean? Do you suggest to use direct connection setting for network environment with proxy?  ??? 
Well... No. If the correct proxy info in inserted there, it should work...
The best things in life are free.