Author Topic: Avast Firewall and Authentec fingerprint sensor  (Read 5734 times)

xandraw

Avast Firewall and Authentec fingerprint sensor
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:17:16 AM »
I have just upgraded to Avast Internet Security 5.0.594 from 4.8. My fingerprint reader software complains it can't connect to sensor. Disabled the firewall and my fingerprint sensor works again.
What settings do I need to enter to have the firewall on and my fingerprint sensor working.
Toshiba portage Windows 7 ultimate x64

Thanks
xandraw

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Firewall and Authentec fingerprint sensor
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
My fingerprint reader software complains it can't connect to sensor.
Do you know the file name of this software? I mean, which file is trying to access the Internet.
The best things in life are free.

xandraw

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 01:06:42 AM »
The services are TFPUPWDBank.exe and TFPUTaskMonitor.exe. If I turn the firewall off I can then log in using the fingerprint reader but can't run the software application, I get "cannot connect to sensor".
New turn of events this morning is laptop woke up from sleep and couldn't log in at all. booted to safe mode and removed avast, back to using v4.8 home. My laptop is unusable with the new software.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 01:17:28 AM »
There have been issues with fingerprint software before.
(Please use the search option of the forum...!!)
You can try to exclude it in avast..!
asyn

W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

bennos

Re: Avast Firewall and fingerprint sensor
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:41:32 AM »
I just upgraded to ver 6.0.1091 and now my fingerprint utility has stopped working. Was fine on the previous Avast version.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

I uninstalled Avast to see if this was definitely the problem. It was, once Avast was uninstalled the fingerprint utility worked again. Once Avast was re-installed, again fingerprint stopped working. I also tried installing the old version of Avast... this worked fine with the fingerprint utility.

Looking forward to fix this!

edit: Turning off the firewall completely fixes this problem. Is there a component only I can turn off without turning off the firewall completely?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:52:02 AM by bennos »