Author Topic: Growth Equity Investor Summit Partners Invests $100 Million In AVAST Software  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
Congratulations Avast :D

http://www.avast.com/pr-growth-equity-investor-summit-partners-invests-100-million-in-avast-software

Greetz, Red.

this is indeed fantastic news , now i hope there is no reason for Avast! to end 'sold' :)

also congrats to Avast! as You definitely deserve it

can't wait for new engine build and server family products releases !
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
I have a pdf exploit I submitted several weeks ago that still isn't detected. Also, automated signatures are nothing to brag about, its those kind of weak signatures that are easily broken.
1.One missing malware"if this is right"dont make the av bad even huge companies like symantec do this.
2.automated signature adding mean analyzing files and watch for bad activities from it then the automate program will add its signature to the database,that is like the work done by human"ofcourse hman analyzing is better"but if i or my program analyze a file and it was a malware we both will add it signature to my database.
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

DeathKnight206

Yes a very large ($100 Million) vote of confidence in avast (a $ per avast user ;D).

Me being of a trusting nature (NOT) am always concerned when large equity investors get involved in a company as to how much influence they think they will be buying and what control over future developments. I guess we shall have to wait and see ;D
Maybe we could convince INTEL not go with McAfee and go with avast!

(In my dreams) ;D

Agreed I used McAfee once before and got a whole (word)load of viruses... didnt even catch them.  I use avast with Immunet.  What one dont catch the other will... or Defender