Author Topic: Terminal Server and user permissions  (Read 6240 times)

hsdhilon

Terminal Server and user permissions
« on: August 18, 2010, 07:23:45 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I have Windows Terminal Server running Avast Server Edition. Everything works great but I noticed that any user logged in via terminal server can stop the provider. I tried setting up the password but it seems like every user can enable their own password and there is no global password to lock avast controls.

Is there any workaround to prevent users from stopping provider?

Thanks,
Harps

paulm

Re: Terminal Server and user permissions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
I also would like to see an answer to this, also is there a way to remove the tray icon on the terminals this way users can't access it.

Paul

wpn

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
im not familiar with the password problem and since i dont have an RDP server i cannot test it or tell anything wise about it....

however maybe it is possible to hide the avast icon with settings in the ini file. I believe that there should be instructions about the ini file in the documentation

paulm

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply,
I will look at the documents for this; Avast can you put a setting in the program to disable the icon on clients? I am only using the free trial at this point and the resolution of this issue will determine if I buy or not for my customer.

Paul

wpn

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 09:54:07 PM »
you do not make use of ADNM?

if you use ADNM its possible to set a password so nobody can change settings on the fly

ADNM itself (the software) is free, but you need avast profesional 4.8 licenses for it to be able to work, its a central management system which makes
use of a MS SQL server or the MSDE database instance that can be installed with it.......