Author Topic: SPAM & VERY DISTASTEFULL posts on forums.  (Read 13748 times)

13thSlayer

Re: SPAM & VERY DISTASTEFULL posts on forums.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »
@ 13thSlayer,

Translation:  "Flooding" means are you just filling up the forum with words just to make a post.
But I am not.

SafeSurf

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »
Then I think it was a misunderstanding in the translation between you two perhaps.  Either way...forget about it.  Sometimes things like this happen, but life goes on. 

Altarir.

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »
Then I think it was a misunderstanding in the translation between you two perhaps.  Either way...forget about it.  Sometimes things like this happen, but life goes on.  

uhh you probably dont get that yoda doesnt get that 13th doesnt get what tech wrote

and no this isnt flood :P
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 12:45:55 PM by Altarir. »

Offline Dreamy

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »

Hi Dreamy -

In the image below, you will see the "Report to moderator" link that is near the bottom right of each and every post. When you find a spam post otherwise offending post, you should click on the link so that you can take the appropriate action.

Click the image to enlarge :

Hello CharleyO,  :)

Yes i understand this feature, basically to the main point of my post.

A filthy pictured post can be reported so many times by so many people but it can remain up on the forums for hours. (This i have witnessed several times now)

All i am saying is that the admins of this board are overlooking what i think is a faster responding solution to this filthy crap. The helpers are here most all the time, "i could name a good half dozen helpers right now" that would give a very satisfactory result by acting in a timely manner when more of this vile stuff is posted. Everytime i witness vile posts all i see are powerless helpers sitting around doing nothing.

To me this is a family orientated security forum, and i as a paying customer should not have to put up with this kind of filth when the means to end it (in a timely manner 99% of the time) is a helper who is on but unable to do anything. (Again this i have witnessed each time this vileness has been posted)

I do understand no forum is full proof against this sort of abuse & misuse, but i will point out that here some very undesireble posts can be up for several hours before being acted upon.

@ardvark

Thank you because i was starting to feel that i was.

Anyway have a great day all.

Later Dreamy

PS: Helpers are an overlooked valuable resource that are often left to waste.   
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:45:36 PM by Dreamy »
I7-6700K, 32GB RAM, Win 7 64Bit Pro, Avast Premier Paid, MalwareBytes (Premium) Paid, HitManPro 64bit Paid.

Hermite15

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »
A filthy pictured post can be reported so many times by so many people but it can remain up on the forums for hours. (This i have witnessed several times now)

...wrong, I've witnessed just the contrary, every time I've reported spam threads, they got deleted within a minute or too, sometimes just a few seconds later ::) ....there may have been cases where filthy threads have remained longer then expected, but that's rare, very rare. All public forums get spammed, live with it, and do like we do, just report what you see as soon as you see it.

13thSlayer

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »

...wrong, I've witnessed just the contrary, every time I've reported spam threads, they got deleted within a minute or too, sometimes just a few seconds later ::) ....there may have been cases where filthy threads have remained longer then expected, but that's rare, very rare. All public forums get spammed, live with it, and do like we do, just report what you see as soon as you see it.
witnessed? You're not on a court. too? Yes, you have just a minute to live, too, because you're going to hell on NIGHTMARE. Filthy threads? Didn't see them at all %) Also, maybe you think they get removed fast cuz you're in Antarctica and you have SLOOOOOOOOOOW internet?

Hermite15

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »

witnessed? You're not on a court. too? Yes, you have just a minute to live, too, because you're going to hell on NIGHTMARE. Filthy threads? Didn't see them at all %) Also, maybe you think they get removed fast cuz you're in Antarctica and you have SLOOOOOOOOOOW internet?

you're on crack? ::)

13thSlayer

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »

you're on crack? ::)
Nah just trolling

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
13thSlayer
Своим поведением Вы позорите Россию. Немедленно прекратите троллить, иначе Вы будете забанены.
=====
@ English-speaking users
The text above is in Russian because it is written specially to 13thSlayer.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 06:28:08 PM »

Spam posted at night (central European time) gets removed when somebody from the avast! team gets out of bed.

Until then, you'll just have to look away.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
Thanks. Seems we're useful in anyway...

Non-native speakers can easily confuse some and any.

I think Tech meant to write Seems we're useful in some way, or more naturally, Seems we're useful in one way at least.

Here endeth your ESL/EFL lesson for the day.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

fredvries

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
@ 13thslayer: If we translate 'Своим поведением Вы позорите Россию. Немедленно прекратите троллить, иначе Вы будете забанены' it means something like: 'This behavior is disgracing Russia. Immediately stop trolling, otherwise you will be banned'.

Why should trolling of an individual be a disgrace to a country?

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
Why should trolling of an individual be a disgrace to a country?
Because it's my IMHO. We can see our national flags under our nicks and I believe that disgraceful behaviour of a person under his national flag is a form of disgrace to the country.

Altarir.

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »
Judging the country by behaviour of one-two persons is plain dumb.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 12:20:55 AM »
Judging the country by behaviour of one-two persons is plain dumb.
I judge not the country but the person's behaviour.