Author Topic: Received Very Bad Support  (Read 2038 times)

wheelie2xw

Received Very Bad Support
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:41:17 PM »
After my mistake when purchasing 6 licenses for my client I discovered I had mistyped the email address for the licence number
to be sent to. Okay my mistake and now I must remedy. Credit card charge for 6 pro lic. 2 yr. special $239.50 authorized and
processed. Email sent to my mistake address which does not exist. Call to 1-877- whatever and after explaining what I thought should
be a complete explanation (the incorrect email address followed by the correct email address) enough said. The rep was courteous but said
he could not help. He would have someone from somewhere else call. Some guy from Yogi?? called me and I re-explained the situation to
him giving the incorrect email from the order and asking him to redirect to the correct email address. He said okay and I had a late dinner thinking my client would get the email with the licensing info in it. I called today to find out my client did get an email but it said no record was found of the purchase. Client is challenging Visa transaction and very unhappy. How did it get this far? Yes I mistyped the original email address - granted. This should have been easily handled in my opinion. Another case of off-shore support calamity.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Received Very Bad Support
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »
Well, we, users, cannot help on this.
Thanks for reporting and I hope that they give email/telephone support better (as we try to do on forums).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Received Very Bad Support
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52:58 PM »
If you purchased throw the avast web site:
Try -  Pro license enquiries Digital River (Element5) https://secure.element5.com/esales/impressum.html?.

Or contact sales (at) avast (dot) com outlining the problem and see if they can track it down.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security