Author Topic: Resolved: How to add exclusions for Malwarebytes anti-malware real time version  (Read 35136 times)

Offline DraKuL

Re: How to add exclusions for Malwarebytes anti-malware real time version
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:32 AM »

And then there are people who do not trust in cleaning, go, reimage the drive from a known clean  backup and then think about why did they get infected. Since - cleaning will not fix the security hole that caused the infection, right?  :P

Well if the AV didnt block it and let it get in, it should atleast help the user clean it up dont you think? :P

but anyway there is no argument over the fact that Avast is better than most of the AVs available today, I personally think its better than any other product and thats why I'm using it.

The virus that got into my computer, Avast detected it in the scan, it detected it as a memory module virus only, hence it didnt let me clean it. but it didnt detect the file that injected the module to the memory. Still it did a way better job than kaspersky internet security 2011 - which was fully updated, KIS 2011 didnt detect ANYTHING! But I would have loved it if Avast pin pointed to the file that caused all this and let me remove it like MBAM did   ;D

Gargamel360 , Dieselman, Chill guys, I didnt mean to curse Avast or anything, and sorry if it came out a bit too strong. I totally agree with your comments but I would love to see them improving Avast's removal abilities and its prevention furthermore  ;D

cheers!

and BACK to the topic :p Will running 3 protection programs in real time - MBAM pro, SAS pro and Avast! IS 6 cause any problems or slow down the net speed or the performance of the pc ? because MBAM admins said that Avast admins have told that it runs perfectly together with avast. SAS admins said its designed to run parallel with any other security software.

I checked previous threads and some have said that they run well together and when I started the thread some said we have to exclude files and that it wont run well together ( 3 real time protection programs) and it all left me very confused.  ???
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
You can have MBAM Pro or Superantispyware Pro running with avast but i would only use one of them and MBAM would be my choice, two is just major overkill.
If you want to exclude MBAM just add the program file to the exclusions list in file system shield.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
You can have MBAM Pro or Superantispyware Pro running with avast but i would only use one of them and MBAM would be my choice, two is just major overkill.
If you want to exclude MBAM just add the program file to the exclusions list in file system shield.

Thanks for the info! THATS what I wanted to know :)

I'm using all 3 because I paid and bought all 3 software. I wasnt aware of this before I purchased :( wish I had asked someone before I did..

ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Gargamel360

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 10:35:05 AM »
Gargamel360 , Dieselman, Chill guys, I didnt mean to curse Avast or anything
I am always chill.  ;)   Ok, not always but, most of the time.  ;D

I'm using all 3 because I paid and bought all 3 software. I wasnt aware of this before I purchased :( wish I had asked someone before I did..
I am pretty sure both programs have benefits that go with the paid versions beyond real-time protection like auto-updates, so it isn't a total loss for you.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »

I am pretty sure both programs have benefits that go with the paid versions beyond real-time protection like auto-updates, so it isn't a total loss for you.

Hmm ok I will disable the real time protection on SAS them. Thanks :)

Dieselman

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
Man you people have a lot to learn about security. No need to add extra bloat to you system just to stay secure. All you need in this world for real time protection is a good av,firewall and common sense. If you want added protection then go with a secure DNS such as OpenDNS,Clear Cloud or Norton. Clear Cloud being the most effective. But the best insurance of all is keep a clean system image up to date. I have everything backed up onto an external drive with a system image using Paragon. You can also add a hardening tool like Emet 2.0.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:26:05 PM by Dieselman »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »
Dieselman there is no harm to anyone by running MBAM PRO or Superantispyware Pro along side of avast as these programs are designed to complement your av and for the few extra resources it may use it provides an excellent extra layer of security.
Maybe you should take your argument over to the MBAM forum and start telling them it is pointless running there program in realtime with an av, i can guarantee they will tell you different and i think they have a bit more knowledge in malware prevention than yourself.

TomN

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »
Dieselman there is no harm to anyone by running MBAM PRO or Superantispyware Pro along side of avast as these programs are designed to complement your av and for the few extra resources it may use it provides an excellent extra layer of security.
Maybe you should take your argument over to the MBAM forum and start telling them it is pointless running there program in realtime with an av, i can guarantee they will tell you different and i think they have a bit more knowledge in malware prevention than yourself.

Thank you. You beat me too it. His rant was getting a little tiresome.

Dieselman

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 06:06:24 AM »
You guys have a lot to learn about overlapping security. Use policy restrictions instead. Install Emet 2.0 or just use Sandboxie. Use Avast,MBAM Pro and SAS Pro DOES NOT make you better protected then the average guy. Those are facts and not my opinion.

DBone

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 06:10:23 AM »
Those are facts and not my opinion.

Do you have a link to the facts? I would like to learn.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »
You guys have a lot to learn about overlapping security. Use policy restrictions instead. Install Emet 2.0 or just use Sandboxie. Use Avast,MBAM Pro and SAS Pro DOES NOT make you better protected then the average guy. Those are facts and not my opinion.

IF there are FACTS where is the source? how do you prove it ? it is indeed YOUR OWN OPINION. and DIESELMAN you didnt reply to the posts I made about you in the earlier threads, you simply avoided them. and now, one of the topics was locked.. So I will post a part of it here since that part is relevant for this post.

Read the topic, it says how to add exclusions for MBAM. The user who posted this doesnt need to know about Emet or sandboxie, why are you promoting other products here? Go start your own topic and promote them if you cant stick to the topic. What you are doing is NOT helping others, you are simply confusing some users by these posts.

Dieselman

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 06:16:14 AM »
My Dear Drakul......................Its called educating people about the do's and donts of security. More does not mean better. Especially when it comes to real time. Heck I know people that use nothing but Windows firewall and never get infected. Do you honestly think you are better protected using Avast,MBAM Pro and SAS Pro? If so then you got another thing coming.

DBone

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 06:18:46 AM »

Its called Google and using your brain. I cant hold everyone's hand now can I.

Ah ok, it's just I'm used to when people say that something "is a fact", then they usually supply proof, so their statement doesn't look like their opinion instead of "fact". Thank you for your help though.

Dieselman

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 06:21:56 AM »
Wow..................I Googled "How to keep your pc safe" and look what I found. Its not rocket science.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1618645,00.asp

BTW.................Emet is part of Windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c6f0a6ee-05ac-4eb6-acd0-362559fd2f04

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 06:26:10 AM »

Its called Google and using your brain. I cant hold everyone's hand now can I.

Dieselman, You dont know the meaning of FACTS do you? maybe you should use google and look it up.  ;D

About educating people - shouldn't you be educated enough to try and teach others? after reading the posts you made it seems that your knowledge of these things isnt much.. You didnt read the post I made about MBAM later on did you? (After contacting the admins of MBAM) Now dont tell me you know more about MBAM than their own admins.

Also check this post I made reply #29 - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=75031.msg621768#msg621768
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:32:48 AM by DraKuL »