Author Topic: Resolved: How to add exclusions for Malwarebytes anti-malware real time version  (Read 35138 times)

Dieselman

Re: How to add exclusions for Malwarebytes anti-malware real time version
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 06:37:42 AM »
Of course MBAM Admins will say good things..................DUH. Cause they want you to buy there product. All you need in this world to stay safe is the following. Anything else is overkill. Go on over to Wilders Security. Thats the top security forum on the web.

1 antivirus/antispyware/antimalware (ALL antiviruses cover these 3 areas
1 hardware firewall
1 software firewall
1 secure browser and not IE
Emet 2.0
MBAM/HMP for on demand scanning
1 system image as a BACKUP PLAN

The person wants to know how to exclude MBAM. Well he does not need to. Thats my point. I have never needed more then that for over 10 years. Not one infection and surf everywhere and anywhere. BTW........All I see you doing drakul is whining and complaining. Try helping out others in need and get off my back please. Have you ever thought that maybe if you had a better backup plan then you would need all that security? Why are you so paranoid? If you like Avast so much then why dont you trust it?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:40:25 AM by Dieselman »

DBone

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 06:44:03 AM »
Should not have to provide proof. Use the tool that is in front of you. Do you own homework. Do you honestly think you will learn anything if everyone is always giving you the answers.

I found several sites that say MBAM Pro makes you safer while online. I would share them with you, but I don't think you will learn anything if I give you the answer. Thank you so much for your wonderful help.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 06:47:13 AM »
Of course MBAM Admins will say good things..................DUH. Cause they want you to buy there product. All you need in this world to stay safe is the following. Anything else is overkill. Go on over to Wilders Security. Thats the top security forum on the web.

1 antivirus/antispyware/antimalware (ALL antiviruses cover these 3 areas
1 hardware firewall
1 software firewall
1 secure browser and not IE
Emet 2.0
MBAM/HMP for on demand scanning
1 system image as a BACKUP PLAN

The person wants to know how to exclude MBAM. Well he does not need to. Thats my point. I have never needed more then that for over 10 years. Not one infection and surf everywhere and anywhere. BTW........All I see you doing drakul is whining and complaining. Try helping out others in need and get off my back please. Have you ever thought that maybe if you had a better backup plan then you would need all that security? Why are you so paranoid?

Did you check the post I made? the link I posted above? and What you are doing is NOT helping. Users come here to get help with the problems THEY ARE having, What you're doing is posting things irrelevant and which ultimately annoys everyone in this forum and confuses the user. In THIS particular topic the user wants to know how to add exclusions to MBAM, he doesnt want to know about emet/ backing up data, web browsers or any of the sort. He just needs to get help with the issue he's having, not with the problems you have. If you want to educate people start your own topic and do it there. I'm sure that almost all the members will confirm that YOU are infact the one who is paranoid.  

YOU are spreading through this forum like a virus - a pretty dangerous one. Hope Avast! admins will come up with a solution soon or the damage caused will be massive.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Dieselman

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 06:47:32 AM »
Of course it makes you safer. Did I say it didn't? Know. I said when you combine Avast and MBAM Pro it does not mean you will be safer. Instead of adding extra process and taking up more resources you can do more by using a secure dns and Emet. Both of those will do more then MBAM Pro WITHOUT using up resources.

TomN

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »
We'll I'm using AVAST AV and MBAM pro and I haven't had any infections either.   ;)

Point being that your AV may have it's own set of virus/malware definitions while MBAM may have a different set of definitions. What one may miss another might catch. so why not catch it at the front door rather than letting it in to get comfy someplace and take root. hence the reason for the realtime MBAM rather than the on demand scanner.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 06:51:04 AM »
Your sig causes damage to every noob who see's it.

I have mentioned the software I'm using in my signature and havent had any problems so far.

My signature defines my system while your's defines yourself
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Dieselman

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 06:51:51 AM »
We'll I'm using AVAST AV and MBAM pro and I haven't had any infections either.   ;)

Point being that your AV may have it's own set of virus/malware definitions while MBAM may have a different set of definitions. What one may miss another might catch. so why not catch it at the front door rather than letting it in to get comfy someplace and take root. hence the reason for the realtime MBAM rather than the on demand scanner.

MBAM power does not come from its real time protection. MBAM power comes from on demand scanning. I can block more malware with Norton DNS or ClearCloud DNS then MBAM Pro ever will. AND NO NEEDED Processes. I went an entire year WITHOUT any real time security. And still never got infected. All of you are living in a paranoid state.

My sig shows..................That Avast is all you need to stay safe.

DBone

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 06:51:59 AM »
I run Norton DNS because I found several sites, and a couple of tests that proved it was better the Clear Cloud DNS.

Dieselman

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 06:53:25 AM »
Norton DNS can be too touchy but I mentioned it anyways.

DBone

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 06:54:35 AM »
Don't see the need for Emet 2.0? But I'm doing my own research on it now.

Gargamel360

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »
Dieselman is unstoppable, havn't you seen any of his movies  ???  You can't win vs. Dieselman, its in the script, run while you can.  ;)

Dieselman

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 06:57:40 AM »

Its called policy restrictions. Any internet facing program should be under it such as your browser or P2P programs. It makes exploits impossible.

Here is a good article.

http://www.rationallyparanoid.com/articles/microsoft-emet-2.html

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »

MBAM power does not come from its real time protection. MBAM power comes from on demand scanning. I can block more malware with Norton DNS or ClearCloud DNS then MBAM Pro ever will. AND NO NEEDED Processes. I went an entire year WITHOUT any real time security. And still never got infected. All of you are living in a paranoid state.

My sig shows..................That Avast is all you need to stay safe.

I meant the quote - "The biggest danger to your computer lies between the left ear and the right ear of the user ..."  It is VERY true, the biggest threat to anyone's PC lies between YOUR left ear and the right ear..

I'm saying this for the last time - THE USER WHO POSTED THIS TOPIC DOESNT CARE ABOUT WHAT PROTECTION YOU ARE USING. he needs help adding exclusions to MBAM files. PLEASE READ the topic without going on and on about YOUR OWN system.

We dont care how you block your malware, this forum is there to help others, they come with their issues, READ THEM and help with THEIR issues and dont go on an on about YOUR SYSTEM

DBone

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 07:02:26 AM »

Its called policy restrictions. Any internet facing program should be under it such as your browser or P2P programs. It makes exploits impossible.

Here is a good article.

From the quick research I did, that program is way over my head.

Dieselman

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 07:05:05 AM »

Here is a good article.

From the quick research I did, that program is way over my head.

It takes 2 seconds to set up. Install it. Set it to maximum and add your browser,P2P programs and PDF readers. Once its done thats it. Its always there. No updating needed.