Author Topic: Resolved: How to add exclusions for Malwarebytes anti-malware real time version  (Read 35135 times)

Offline DraKuL

Re: How to add exclusions for Malwarebytes anti-malware real time version
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2011, 07:10:08 AM »
Dieselman there is no harm to anyone by running MBAM PRO or Superantispyware Pro along side of avast as these programs are designed to complement your av and for the few extra resources it may use it provides an excellent extra layer of security.
Maybe you should take your argument over to the MBAM forum and start telling them it is pointless running there program in realtime with an av, i can guarantee they will tell you different and i think they have a bit more knowledge in malware prevention than yourself.

Thank you. You beat me too it. His rant was getting a little tiresome.

I'm not the only one whose tired of listening to your rant.. check other topics - HIPS, Compatibility issues all the members have had it with you and your stupid off topic posts, which is why I posted the above comments.

I seriously hope Avast admins come up with a treatment for this fast spreading virus, for the sake of avast community and the future customers.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Dieselman

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2011, 07:16:39 AM »
Well you are not doing Avast any good. People come into this forum and see your sig and go "Hey..........That guy is using Avast Internet Security which I just purchased. So why is he also using 2 other products to protect himself? Its Avast good enough? Maybe I should get a refund?"

The purpose of any security is that it should be able to stand on its own. Will it let something by? Sure. But thats what MBAM and HMP on demand scans are for. So what you are actually saying is that the person who goes out and spends $70 on KIS or NIS to keep his pc protected also needs to go out and buy MBAM Pro and SAS Pro. Thats what your saying correct? So according to you people need to spend at least $100 to keep there pc's safe. Correct? Thats what you are saying. At least I am proving people with free alternatives. Man if I just spend my hard earned money on Avast IS and was told I also need MBAM Pro and SAS Pro to keep safe I would request a refund ASAP.

BTW..........I am not swearing or breaking any rules.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:20:36 AM by Dieselman »

TomN

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2011, 07:22:29 AM »
What about AVAST's new Webrep?

Dieselman

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2011, 07:22:38 AM »
Drakul.............You are already safer then the average user buy using Windows 7 64 bit which has Microsoft's Patch Guard.

Dieselman

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2011, 07:24:21 AM »

Webrep is like any other site rating program. Most of it is user based opinions. It still needs to mature. But you can help it grow by rating sites bad when you come across them.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2011, 07:28:32 AM »
Well you are not doing Avast any good. People come into this forum and see your sig and go "Hey..........That guy is using Avast Internet Security which I just purchased. So why is he also using 2 other products to protect himself? Its Avast good enough? Maybe I should get a refund?"

The purpose of any security is that it should be able to stand on its own. Will it let something by? Sure. But thats what MBAM and HMP on demand scans are for. So what you are actually saying is that the person who goes out and spends $70 on KIS or NIS to keep his pc protected also needs to go out and buy MBAM Pro and SAS Pro. Thats what your saying correct? So according to you people need to spend at least $100 to keep there pc's safe. Correct? Thats what you are saying. Atleast I am proving people with free alternatives. Man if I just spend my hard earned money on Avast IS and was told I also need MBAM Pro and SAS Pro to keep safe I would request a refund ASAP.

My signature includes the SW I have installed on MY PC, it doesnt say anywhere that they are essential. There are so many Avast members who are much senior to me who have the same set of SW - YES SAS AND MBAM PRO running on their systems.
We have never said anywhere that they are essential to keep the pc safe.. WE make the choice of installing the software WE want..

YOU keep going on and on saying I'm the one whose complaining, If anyone sees your posts they know for a fact that YOU are infact the one who keeps whining and whose permanently going off topic to argue with others and to show that you know about cyber protection..

Check the topic you started about theIgster's review, and these topics - HIPS topic, compatibility issues, I posted in those threads and kept getting notifications ( because I subscribed only) but 90% of the posts you make are off topic or start fighting with other members.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

TomN

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2011, 07:29:06 AM »
Dieselman is unstoppable, havn't you seen any of his movies  ???  You can't win vs. Dieselman, its in the script, run while you can.  ;)

;D

I guess you could then call this thread "The Chronicles of Riddick"   :D

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2011, 07:31:41 AM »

Webrep is like any other site rating program. Most of it is user based opinions. It still needs to mature. But you can help it grow by rating sites bad when you come across them.

Hes right, its a web reputation plugin and currently only available in firefox and IE, but its a very good plugin will be very useful in the future, as he stated since it was released recently the "bad" ratings arent much accurate for the moment and so are the good ratings with only 1 bar. It will be a very useful plugin in the future though, after a lot of users vote about the sites they goto. Hope they release the plugin for Chrome soon  :)

TomN

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2011, 07:34:33 AM »
Just so everyone know's, Everything I have security wise is free with the exception of MBAM pro. Seems to be working for me as I have been infection free for 6 years, the first 5 of believe it or not was with McAfee internet security (Speaking of a resource hog...)

AVAST Free Antivirus
PC Tools firewall plus Free
MBAM pro realtime (paid)

SafeSurf

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2011, 11:26:02 AM »
@ TomN,

When you feel that your issue is resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed.  Since you opened this thread, only you can close it.

To the posters who have become a little bitter in their posting, please show a little respect for others.  Thank you.