Author Topic: avast sandbox prevents opera from saving settings  (Read 3274 times)

xqrzd

avast sandbox prevents opera from saving settings
« on: August 23, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »
Hi,
I am using avast internet security 5.0.594 and when I sandbox Opera, avast prevents Opera from saving settings. Under process virtualization I checked the box that said 'All settings' but still Opera was unable to save it's settings. Adding an exclusion to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\* solves the problem, but it would be nice if avast let Opera save it's settings automatically. I am using Windows 7 home premium 64-bit and avast Internet security is my only active protection.
Edit: avast sandbox also prevents flash player from working in Opera. When using Opera sandboxed, Opera gives this message: "You need to install the Macromedia Flash Player plug-in to view all content on this page. Do you want to download this plug-in now?"
But I already have flash player installed, and flash player works fine if Opera is run without the sandbox.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:46:17 AM by xqrzd »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast sandbox prevents opera from saving settings
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:14:57 AM »
In fact, after testing sandboxing, I could say that we need a balance between sandboxing (protection of file execution) and usability. After all, we do not want *everything* sandboxed or our browser experience is deeply affected.
The best things in life are free.