Author Topic: Custom Scan Help  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Odins Eye

Custom Scan Help
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:54:44 AM »
Hello, I'm having trouble trying to set up a Custom Scan on my PC. I want a CS that will throughly scan everything.

Can anyone tell me what scan areas I need to have selected to accomplish this? Right now I have only four selected: All harddisks, Rootkits (full scan), Auto-start programs (all users), and Memory.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Custom Scan Help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:04:43 AM »
You can check all packers and high heuristic level also.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Odins Eye

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »
Yeah, I've checked All packers and moved Heuristics senstivity to High. The only option I haven't checked is Test whole files. Everything else is either checked or set to the highest setting.

Is there anything else I need to add to add to Scan Areas besides the four I already listed? How about QuickStarupMem?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:35 PM »
Yeah, I've checked All packers and moved Heuristics senstivity to High. The only option I haven't checked is Test whole files. Everything else is either checked or set to the highest setting.

Is there anything else I need to add to add to Scan Areas besides the four I already listed? How about QuickStarupMem?
Well "Test whole file" it deeper than only the areas where usually infections use (beginning and last parts).
The best things in life are free.