Author Topic: registry problem  (Read 9864 times)

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
Re: registry problem
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 06:59:13 PM »
That what make me crazy the security center is fully working and mbam say it is disable. ???
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 07:04:32 PM »
Well I have just run a Full MBAM scan and nothing, mind you my database is from last Saturday, as I only update it on a weekly basis (as it downloads the whole database again) before I do my weekly scan.

So it may be possible that this is as a result of a bad signature update, since last Saturday. It might be worth visiting the reporting FPs forum at MBAM forums and see if there is any activity on this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline krypton

• Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »
i think mbam is not correct software. is there any other software which doing work like mbam doing?

mbam everytime shows infected file. even there nothing infected

wat is the difference between mbam and av? wat their work?
LAPTOP: LENOVO G50, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HARD DISK, AVAST PREMIUM SECURITY 2020, WINDOWS 8.1

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »
i think mbam is not correct software. is there any other software which doing work like mbam doing?
yes but not as good, alternative www.superantispyware.com

If you dont let MBAM move the files to quarantine then it will show up again on every scan.....

MBAM is a specialized tool, very good at the specific malware it targets and very good at removal..

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »
<snip>
If you dont let MBAM move the files to quarantine then it will show up again on every scan.....
<snip>

It won't if you choose the Ignore option, see image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
yes but not as good, alternative www.superantispyware.com

MBAM is a specialized tool, very good at the specific malware it targets and very good at removal..
1.It is correct and good but all make mistakes
2.answer one
3.Yes avast av"for example"detect real virus"like sality,virut,....."mbam not
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

SafeSurf

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 12:44:42 AM »
Pondus,SafeSurf,mikaelrask,and krypton:
May be no one of you read the log"sorry to say that"the infected items are just bad policies to disable security center and mbam will not remove any thing it will set new clean values(0=>1,1=>0) ;)
I looked at the logs and that is why I responded and posted the OP's previous thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63076.0 because of using a suspected cracked version of Windows. 

The OP states his MS Updates are turned on, yet he/she is still on XP SP2 instead of SP3 and according to the MBAM logs, which I reviewed, the Security Center (SC)  is disabled.  In the OP's previous thread, he/she stated that he/she turned the (SC) off due to a problem with the XP FW.

@ krypton,

1. Is this a registered copy of Windows for this new machine?
2. If you go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Security Center > you will see:
- A. Firewall
- B. Automatic Updates
- C. Virus Protection
...with a green or yellow or red light next to it.  What color light is next to each one (A - C above)?