Author Topic: Boot time scan error!  (Read 2996 times)

yongsua

Boot time scan error!
« on: August 27, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »
Hi,I just finished my boot time scan with Avast! 5 free version 5.594 and I saw this message after the boot time scan completed,"Interactive logon process initialization has failed.Please consult the event log for more details".After that I pressed "OK" but when I moved my mouse cursor it did not move(Hanged).The whole computer suddenly hanged and I pressed the computer on button to shut the laptop down.

Proceesor:Intel(R) Atom(TM)CPU N450 @1.66GHz,1.67GHz
Installed Memory(RAM):1.00GB
System type:32-bit
Windows 7 Starter
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:30:29 PM by yongsua »

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
Re: Boot time scan error!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 03:38:58 PM »
Is there any threat detected by the boot time scan?
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

SafeSurf

Re: Boot time scan error!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 06:38:33 AM »
"Interactive logon process initialization has failed.Please consult the event log for more details".After that I pressed "OK" but when I moved my mouse cursor it did not move(Hanged).The whole computer suddenly hanged and I pressed the computer on button to shut the laptop down.
An Event error is an MS error, which you can find under Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > there will be several options:

- Applications
- Security
- System
- Internet Explorer

Check to see if you have a red or yellow error in one of the first 3 options.  Double click on it for more information.  There will be an Event Code number.  You can put the Event Code number in this site: http://www.eventid.net/ to get more information.  I suspect it pertains to why your machine hung on you, but it may give you more information.

You should also check to see the results of your Boot-time scan.  If all is clean, you may need to do some cleaning of your machine.  I recommended tool that many of us use here is CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool.  There is a Slim version available at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds - 4th one down.  It removes unused files (cache, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.  Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.

You may also want to consider upgrading your RAM to a total of 2G if possible.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  Thank you.  :)