Author Topic: Avast Free full system scan settings is s read only window why?  (Read 3526 times)

happy avast user

Hi all,

I see that when I go to scan and scan settings, I cannot change any of the Settings as how I would like to set them to do a full system scan as this is a read only window.
When did this become a read only window?  I ask this because the previous free version of avast which was 5.0.545 I could go into scan settings and set the scan settings as I wanted to make sure I had maximum protection against viruses and spyware.

Please let me know thanks.

happy avast user :)

Gargamel360

Re: Avast Free full system scan settings is s read only window why?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »
Lack of redundancy, for one.   All the options you want to turn on/off are already in the custom scan section.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »
I see that when I go to scan and scan settings, I cannot change any of the Settings as how I would like to set them to do a full system scan as this is a read only window.
When did this become a read only window?  I ask this because the previous free version of avast which was 5.0.545 I could go into scan settings and set the scan settings as I wanted to make sure I had maximum protection against viruses and spyware.

It has been that way for some time and the reason is that they are pre-defined scans, and as the comment at the top of the pre-defined scans settings says, see image. If you want to change the main elements of a pre-defined scan create a custom one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »
Read the window message ;)
The best things in life are free.