Author Topic: [Resolved]gamevance wont uninstall (please help)  (Read 26151 times)

SafeSurf

Re: gamevance wont uninstall (please help)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »
Prior to doing the OTL log, please clean your machine with CCleaner -- a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool.  There is a Slim version available at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds.  It removes unused files (cache, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.  Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.

and...

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
·   Please double-click TFC.exe to run it.  (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
·   It will close all programs when running, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
·   Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.  Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
·   Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

After doing BOTH cleaners...then run the OTL logs.

fiveavast

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »
Prior to doing the OTL log, please clean your machine with CCleaner -- a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool.  There is a Slim version available at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds.  It removes unused files (cache, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.  Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.

and...

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
·   Please double-click TFC.exe to run it.  (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
·   It will close all programs when running, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
·   Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.  Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
·   Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

After doing BOTH cleaners...then run the OTL logs.

Ok thank you.

SafeSurf

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »
Do you have any questions?  I will be signing off shortly but will check in later.  I will let Essexboy run the show but be in the background.

fiveavast

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »
Do you have any questions?  I will be signing off shortly but will check in later.  I will let Essexboy run the show but be in the background.

I'm still unsure how to attach the file but if you log off I'm sure someone can help me with it. Thank you for all your help SafeSurf.

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »
also download ccleaner  http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

dont forget to run "the registry" scan

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

SafeSurf

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »
also download ccleaner  http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
dont forget to run "the registry" scan
Do NOT run the registry scanner as I do not want any interference with the work of Essexboy.

@ Left123, please read the thread prior to posting.  The OP has already been instructed to run CCleaner.

SafeSurf

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »
fiveavast,

I would like you to take instruction from Essexboy or Avast Evangelists at this point so what we have done does not get messed up.  We are trying to repair your system.  Thank you.

fiveavast

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
fiveavast,

I would like you to take instruction from Essexboy or Avast Evangelists at this point so what we have done does not get messed up.  We are trying to repair your system.  Thank you.
Ok thank you very much. I didn't run the registry cleaner.

SafeSurf

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »
Thank you.  I don't want to make any changes in it, but you can certainly do the CCleaner and TFC cleaners to clean up your machine.  I have already notified Essexboy.  He will be looking for your OTL logs in your next post.

fiveavast

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
Here are the OTL logs.

yongsua

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
Hi,it will be better and safer for you to install the latest version of Avast 5 to protect your PC.Just a little advice.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
Hi the main OTL log was saved as Unincode, could you rerun and ensure it is saved as ANSI please and then attach the log  ;D

fiveavast

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Hi the main OTL log was saved as Unincode, could you rerun and ensure it is saved as ANSI please and then attach the log  ;D

Ok this one should be fine.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »
Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:OTL
    IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-3028868506-4198575349-1045157754-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.mywebsearch.com/index.jhtml?n=77C09F4F&ptnrS=Z1xdm0033YUS&ptb=OLX2LjpC0i9rmnuWqBqYnQ
    FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: textlinks@gamevance.com:1.0.0
    O2 - BHO: (Gamevance Text) - {BEAC7DC8-E106-4C6A-931E-5A42E7362883} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Gamevance\gvtl.dll File not found
    O3:64bit: - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
    O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class)

:Files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
    [purity]
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

fiveavast

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 02:52:31 PM »
Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:OTL
    IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-3028868506-4198575349-1045157754-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.mywebsearch.com/index.jhtml?n=77C09F4F&ptnrS=Z1xdm0033YUS&ptb=OLX2LjpC0i9rmnuWqBqYnQ
    FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: textlinks@gamevance.com:1.0.0
    O2 - BHO: (Gamevance Text) - {BEAC7DC8-E106-4C6A-931E-5A42E7362883} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Gamevance\gvtl.dll File not found
    O3:64bit: - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
    O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class)

:Files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
    [purity]
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

Do I select scan all users again?