Author Topic: UNSECURED  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
UNSECURED
« on: August 31, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »
Hello!

I just noticed, for the first time (since I upgraded to the new version 5 and that's like half a year ago), that my free Avast! had UNSECURED status. I clicked on FIX NOW and everything seems OK again. Is there any error log that Avast! keeps so that I can read why did this happen? And, is there an option in settings which would alert me if the status would turn to UNSECURED again? A pop-up message or something? That little X sign on the A-ball is too small to catch it fast.

Other than that Avast! works perfectly and my system is clean. The only thing that I did today before Avast! tuned UNSECURED was that I updated Adobe Flash to latest 10.1 version, but that shouldn't be a reason I think.

Thank you for your help in advance! :)
Intel Core i7 Q 740 @ 1.73 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Avast! Free Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version) and Sandboxie (paid version).

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: UNSECURED
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »
This problem is hopefully going to be solved in the upcoming program update (due soon).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

SafeSurf

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
The only thing that I did today before Avast! tuned UNSECURED was that I updated Adobe Flash to latest 10.1 version, but that shouldn't be a reason I think.
It is good practice after doing an install (or uninstall) of any software to reboot your machine.  So perhaps by not doing this, and since you were dealing with Flash, which often times uninstalls prior versions before installing newer versions, caused the instability to Avast.

I always keep an eye on my Avast toolbar and recommend to other to as well.  Besides the red "X", you may see a yellow "!" that require you to open the GUI to see what action is required.

But as Vlk pointed out, many of these issues are hopefully being resolved in the next release of 5.1.  :)

Offline Bellzemos

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:08:44 PM »
Flash's installation specificaly stated that there's no reboot required. And the "X" didn't happen right after the installation but later on. I think that it's a good idea to incorporate a pop-up message in Avast!, which will pop up when the shields are down - when the status is unprotected. And it should be an option to turn this pop-up off in the settings, for those who don't want it. Well, it's only an idea. Thank you for help! :)
Intel Core i7 Q 740 @ 1.73 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Avast! Free Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version) and Sandboxie (paid version).

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:56:46 AM »
No problem.  Perhaps you can add it to a wish list for future releases.  :)