Author Topic: Color Change to Forum?  (Read 18146 times)

YoKenny

Re: Color Change to Forum?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »
Hi, ...

I try after my forum message upper, F5 inside Firefox.

Ok, i have now the new graphics forum section, inside Firefox.

@ sst
No problem for me!

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then select your country in Please select your country: then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

iRonzel

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »
This look more simple and nice than the previous skin. I think it's a warning that the final version of avast! is about to be released.

Dch48

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »
I don't like this new look at all. Or the layout.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 01:16:33 AM »
I don't like this new look at all. Or the layout.

Then don't use it, change to the old default theme of one of the others, Babylon for instance.

If you don't like it put what it is you don't like about it or the layout in the topic about this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

roro

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 11:11:52 AM »
It took me about 5 minutes to get used to the new Scheme.  It looks fine.  It is a little bare, but makes the posts easy to read.
Thanks to Avast for making a change.  

RoRo
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:14:32 AM by roro »

Offline davews

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
I don't really like the new skin and went to change it. But when I look at my profile there is no option to change the forum related things, the only thing listed under 'Modify Profile' is 'Account Related Settings' which has nothing to do with the forum settings.

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 12:59:31 PM »
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick;u=49593;th=1 should change it. Forum layout is set under Look and Layout in the member profile.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
The quote text really improved from the original gray and black letters.
It's better now. Maybe reduce the letter size to test.
The best things in life are free.

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick;u=49593;th=1 should change it. Forum layout is set under Look and Layout in the member profile.
This link will work for davews, others must go via the profile menu or change the u parameter to their correct member id.

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »
Very sleek and easy

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 04:19:05 PM »
Yes the look is cleaner now, with the quoted text boxes not overpowering the post and a slightly smaller font size for the quoted text and the Signatures looks much better as does the colour change of the text. The text is much clearer.

A point for all those whose Signatures extend beyond 3 lines, you will notice that you now have a scroll box so some of your signature isn't immediately displayed.

1. I still think that those links don't have to be Blue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
A point for all those whose Signatures extend beyond 3 lines, you will notice that you now have a scroll box so some of your signature isn't immediately displayed.
It is 50pixels, not three lines, just to be accurate.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »
Spacing issue... with long names of the country.
The best things in life are free.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »
@tech

Just posted it on chat room ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
Yes the look is cleaner now, with the quoted text boxes not overpowering the post and a slightly smaller font size for the quoted text and the Signatures looks much better as does the colour change of the text. The text is much clearer.
<snip>

They say the first sign of insanity is when you start to talk to yourself, but here goes.

Since my above post on the Quoted text boxes, things have changed and now there is no box around the quoted text. Whilst this in a single quoted text example isn't a problem, however, in the case of nested quoted text examples it is near impossible to follow what has been attributed to whom.

The quoted text box is essential as they can become quite complex and without the text box near impossible to understand who said what.

See this example:
New amoeba for new posts/no new posts looks weird. The old one was better.
Problem with the old one was, that it was a part of the logo, thus it cannot be used for any other purpose - otherwise it would be degradation of the logo itself. But I will try to come with something better

We have just released another update, so now there is full user info and avatar img in the top, some font sizes have been changed to improve look of the messages etc.
I have also removed border from the quote, it seems to me that it is not necessary while the quote has different background - I think that the less borders the better

Thanks again all for your thoughts and ideas

Sorry but nested quotes without boxes are a mess as in my post with image above and using your nested quote also as an example.

Who said what ?

Or

So the move is normal.
Normal??? A freeware becomes a shareware... And the bla-bla-bla of the company:

You can still continue to use the Firewall for as long as you like and post on this forum. However, should you wish to upgrade in future, you will need to install PC Tools Internet Security.

I never trust companies that do that... SHAME!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:32:30 PM by DavidR »