Author Topic: Color Change to Forum?  (Read 18147 times)

Dch48

Re: Color Change to Forum?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 07:56:09 PM »
I don't like this new look at all. Or the layout.

Then don't use it, change to the old default theme of one of the others, Babylon for instance.

If you don't like it put what it is you don't like about it or the layout in the topic about this.
Done--back to the default SMF   and I did post in the other thread
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:04:35 PM by Dch48 »

Gargamel360

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 08:01:46 PM »
Profile>>Look and Layout Preferences>>Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 10:46:25 PM »
Who said what ?
+10
Unreadable quoting... :P
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »
The quote boxes are meant to be restored on the next Default Theme refresh. I was hoping it would be relatively soon, but it will probably be tomorrow now.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »
I was hoping it would be relatively soon, but it will probably be tomorrow now.
I'll be out of forums for five days :)
The best things in life are free.

disPlay

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:12 AM »
I like the new colors.

SafeSurf

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 09:28:08 AM »
I like the new colors.
You're young and you've got good eyes.  Wait until you get a little older.   :P

Shalimar

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
 Wow...I had to put my  8) sunglasses 8) on when entering the Avast forum just now!

IDEA!  If you think you've now got the color down pat, then how about working on 5 more colors...one for each day of the week! :o   We have 2 colors currently (blue and a goldish yellow), so how 'bout adding the following ones, also:

CURRENT COLORS:

SKY BLUE Saturday
  (Avast currently)

8) SUNGLOW 8) Sunday
  (Avast currently)
------------------------------------------

SUGGESTED NEW COLORS:

"MANGO-TANGO"  Monday

"TUMBLEWEED"  Tuesday

"WISTERIA-HYSTERIA"  Wednesday

"TICKLE-ME-PINK"  Thursday

"FUZZY-WUZZY"  Friday

Hmmm...don't you think these color suggestions are simply "m-a-r-v-e-l-o-u-s"? :-*

Also, would it be possible to have all 7 of these color schemes up and running by next week? :P  I mean, that's not too much to ask, is it? ;D

By the way, you may or may not realize this, but only "one" of those 7 color descriptions is NOT a crayon color.  Without googling "crayon colors" ;), test yourself...which one of the 7 weekday descriptions is NOT a crayon color? :-\
(No, you are not allowed to open a new tab or new window while you are pondering your answer!) ::)
Study up because there might be a written test on this next week...if these colors haven't been turned into full-fledged Avast color schemes by then! 8)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »
Wow...I had to put my  8) sunglasses 8) on when entering the Avast forum just now!
<snip>

If this is your first foray into the new forum theme, if you think this is bright you should have seen what it was like first time out of the box, not pretty at all.

I don't like very bright and White is the worst and this almost matches my chosen windows XP theme, 'Zune,' which are dark Greys and Orange (almost Avast Corporate colours ;D) I also have the background colour in windows toned down from the default expanse of white.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

disPlay

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
I like the new colors.
You're young and you've got good eyes.  Wait until you get a little older.   :P

Probably you are right  :P

SafeSurf

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 01:08:34 AM »
@ Shalimar, I love the way you think.  ;D  We have suggested various color themes, and as David suggested, you should have seen what we started with....I'm still wearing sunglasses and have a migraine!  8)

@ disPlay, be lucky for those young eyes of yours.  ;)

Shalimar

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:48 AM »
@DavidR...
...if you think this is bright you should have seen what it was like first time out of the box, not pretty at all.
Hmmm...thank you so much for wishing I could have "shared" in those experiences.  I especially appreciated your "thoughtfulness" after reading what SafeSurf said:
...you should have seen what we started with....I'm still wearing sunglasses and have a migraine! 8)
Gosh, guys, I'm soooooooooooo sorry I missed that! :D ;)

Ok, so I was originally trying to be cute!  I hope I didn't actually offend anyone because I was only trying to have some fun. ;)  After I posted it though, the thought crossed my mind that perhaps somebody really might take offense and be upset with my silliness, and that perhaps I might get into trouble for posting something like this.  I was almost afraid to come back and see if I had any replies, thinking maybe I should have simply kept my lips sealed! :-X  

By the way, the answer to my question is "wisteria hysteria"; only "hysteria" not being a crayon color! ???  I must admit that my guess would have been "fuzzy wuzzy"! ;D

Actually, I honestly do think the goldish yellow color scheme is pretty and cool 8).
But with that said, I do find it is slightly hard on my eyes; a bit overwhelming when trying to quickly see the topics listed.  Also, when composing a comment, the background "preview" section seemed to make the text less clear to glance at.  For an all-around visual effect, I think the light blue is terrific...but perhaps when the new color is ready for permanent display, everything will turn out just fine. :) ( ::) )
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:23:30 AM by Shalimar »

SafeSurf

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:11 AM »
No offense taken Shalimar.  I actually appreciate your humor, but then again I know what you've been though helping you with other things here on the forum.   ;)  Feel free to express yourself.  :D

Shalimar

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »
@SafeSurf

:D  :D  :D

Hya

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 11:53:39 PM »
New template is very beautiful  ;) Thank you very much  :-*