Author Topic: statistics for Behavior Shield shows nothing since August 10th  (Read 3922 times)

comicwm

I have the same problem like here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63035.0
Like Tech ,my Behavior Shield is working ,but nothing shows in statistics! ???

who can tell me why and how to solve this prblem?

BTW,the new forum are so beautiful ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: statistics for Behavior Shield shows nothing since August 10th
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »
Yeah, still pending of solution or, at least, acknowledgment...
The best things in life are free.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »
I have the same problem like here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63035.0
Like Tech ,my Behavior Shield is working ,but nothing shows in statistics! ???

who can tell me why and how to solve this prblem?

BTW,the new forum are so beautiful ;D
Hi comicwm, you must be on windows 7 if your seeing this problem as this is the only os to be recieveing this problem that i know of and there dosn't seem to be a reason or fix for this issue at the moment. I guess they class this issue as low priority as the shield still works, it's just not showing.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:29 PM »
I guess they class this issue as low priority as the shield still works, it's just not showing.
How do you know it's working?
We know it's not working... it's not scanning at all... it's not a matter of visual... it's real, unfortunately (on Windows 7).

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:08:54 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but involving the Behavior Shield ... on my XP SP3 system, the stats display just fine.  But they're showing two supposedly infected items encountered, 1 each last Tuesday and Wednesday.  If I hit the "show report file" button/link, there's not any mention of these, just the standard "automatically generated" and "started at ..." entries. So I've no idea what specific files(s) or behavior were involved.

Am I missing something in the setup options, maybe?  I looked under Maintenance and it looks like I've probably got the default settings, delete after 7 days (1 day for temp logs) and the debugging log is not ticked.

Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 05:17:17 AM »
I guess they class this issue as low priority as the shield still works, it's just not showing.
How do you know it's working?
We know it's not working... it's not scanning at all... it's not a matter of visual... it's real, unfortunately (on Windows 7).
Tech, if i check the reports under program data it say's that the behavior shield is starting plus right clicking on tray icon and scrolling over shield's also say's that all shield are on. this is why i think it is just the visuals that have stoped working.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:25:01 AM by craigb »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 01:30:15 PM »
Tech, if i check the reports under program data it say's that the behavior shield is starting plus right clicking on tray icon and scrolling over shield's also say's that all shield are on.
Yeah, mine too... But if a shield does not scan nothing, I won't say it's working even the logs, the traffic, whatever is saying that it is working... It's nonoperative.