Author Topic: Hiding Avast taskbar icon  (Read 5850 times)

Nigel-James

Hiding Avast taskbar icon
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
I would like to hide the Avast taskbar icon without having to manually go to each machine on the network and hide the icon through the Avast NETclient software (apperance section/tab).

I have created a installation package & combined it with a modified avast4.ini file, the modified .ini file consists of the line "ShowTaskbarIcon=0" however when I deploy this installation to PC's on my network the icon is still shown in the taskbar.

Any help on this would be great.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:13:45 PM by Nigel-James »

wpn

Re: Hiding Avast taskbar icon
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »
you want to hide more avast icons??? :P  thought the icons already were hidden enough with the other thread u started about the same a couple hours earlier then this one

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 12:05:02 AM »
I have created a installation package & combined it with a modified avast4.ini file, the modified .ini file consists of the line "ShowTaskbarIcon=0" however when I deploy this installation to PC's on my network the icon is still shown in the taskbar.
Avast client in ADNM is called "Managed client"... It means you manage your clients from ADNM console. I'm afraid, your ini settings in installation package is overwritten from ADNM during boot process.
Go into ADNM console, in computer catalog, show properties of appropriate group and set your INI settings ...

Nigel-James

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
you want to hide more avast icons???   thought the icons already were hidden enough with the other thread u started about the same a couple hours earlier then this one

Yes I would like to hide more icons. I require Avast to be invisible to the user. If users on my network see new animated icons on the taskbar they will panic and it will cause all sorts of confusion.

Thanks for your post Paba, will try adjusting my .ini file through the computer catalog.

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »
Yes I would like to hide more icons. I require Avast to be invisible to the user. If users on my network see new animated icons on the taskbar they will panic...
I don't agree. I prefer set Avast icon visible (in default joined with VRDB icon, so VRDB is invisible), but without any necessary user interaction. For example when Avast service failed, user may inform you that blue icon changed... I think that user may know, when Avast webshield blocked visited URL... But it depends on your own preferences.

Nigel-James

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 01:40:08 PM »
Thanks Paba, that worked.