Author Topic: sound option in silent install  (Read 2853 times)

jeff_eisenberg

sound option in silent install
« on: March 04, 2009, 01:36:31 AM »
I'm creating silent install files for Professional.

1.  I am choosing the option to disable sounds but it doens't seem to hold when I roll out a workstatoin.  Sound is enabled.

2.  I understand the the script blocking can be an annoyance.  Is the true?  If so, can this option be disalbed in the silent install as well and how?

Thanks,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: sound option in silent install
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:53:07 AM »
1.  I am choosing the option to disable sounds but it doens't seem to hold when I roll out a workstatoin.  Sound is enabled.
Yeah... I never saw that this setting could be propagated...

2.  I understand the the script blocking can be an annoyance.  Is the true?  If so, can this option be disalbed in the silent install as well and how?
Why? I can't imagine why Script Blocker will be an annoyance...
The best things in life are free.

jeremielorente

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »
add "disable sounds" in the silent install would be great yes............... :) and i don't think it would be complicated to add...

ianh64

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 05:12:03 PM »
This is obviously quite an old topic but I have just run into this. Moving to V5 is not an option as the release of adnm has taken so long, its missed our live rollout of new ICT suite. So, I am stuck for the foreseeable future with V4.8.

Noticed that turning sound off was not persistent across silent install. Also, when I tried to manually turn it off on a couple or workstations, it again, turned itself back on. Not sure if this was across different users or across reboot or login.

Is there anyway of turning of sound via say a registry setting that can be rolled out via group policy? We are on Server 2008R2 and majority of our machines are Windows 7 with a few legacy XP variants which will be rolled out a new configuration of AVAST 4.8 when they join the domain.

Having 20 machines announce that they have updated their virus definitions in the first class of the morning is not acceptable to the teacher.