Author Topic: How do I exclude a file/folder as an FP so it doesn't show up and report it?  (Read 9262 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Seems that only folders and not files within them can be excluded.

No, files also can be excluded.

You can either copy and paste the full path into the exclusions. Or when you select add dig down to the folder and select that. Once that has been added you can modify the path, changing the \* at the end to \excluded_file_name.exe. Whilst the second option isn't ideal not being able to drill down to file level, it is possible to exclude a file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline cheater87

How do I choose just a file to exclude?
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
How do I choose just a file to exclude?

You can't "browse" below folder level in the avast! GUI, but you can copy the file's full path name from the "address" line in explorer into avast! where it says "enter path".
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline cheater87

So if we know the file name just type it in? Ok thanks.
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
So if we know the file name just type it in? Ok thanks.

Yes, but if it is a long path and file name it may be easiest to create it on the folder and then - After the entry is created, go in and Edit the entry, changing the \* to \file)name.exe.

Or when creating the exclusion in the first place, copy and paste the full path and file name into the window.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline cheater87

We will try copying and pasting.