Avast V5.0 professional
Sam, I need to know what version of 5.0 you are using
5.0.594 or 5.0.677 or something else.
4. Have you run any Avast scans yet? If so, which ones?
5. Is anything sitting in the Virus Chest?
6. Have you changed any default setting of Avast?
7. What other security software do you have on your system now and in the past?
Please answer the above questions from my previous post as I am trying to remove your malware. I understand that this can be a very frustrating thing to go through and very overwhelming, but I need some info. from you for me to help you.
After updating your Avast definitions, please make sure your settings are set to default (in other words malware should go to the Virus Chest). Run a FULL Avast scan if you have not done this already. If you have done this, please give me a screen shot of what is in the Chest or if you cannot do this type the exact wording of what is in the Chest.
Next, check your computer for malware with Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (MBAM
· Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/
for an on-demand scanner.
· Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
· After install, click update
so you have latest database before scanning.
· Under Settings:
: Automatically Save File After Scan Completes is checked off
o Scanner Settings
: Check all boxes
: Download and install update if available is checked off
· Once the program has loaded, select "Perform FULL
Scan", then click Scan.
· The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
· When the disinfection scan is complete, a log will appear in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note).
· Click the “remove selected” button to quarantine anything found
. You will find the infection details under the Quarantine tab.
· The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
· Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply
After your next post with your MBAM log, update your Avast definitions and run a Boot-time scan and report back with your findings (do this in 2 separate posts).
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.