Author Topic: Different versions or same with minor changes?  (Read 2654 times)

Tolonus

Different versions or same with minor changes?
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:49:14 PM »
Hi,

This is just  quickie question but I wanted to check I had the right version. I'm using the free version of avast. I recently reinstalled a newer version of avast and noticed that the sound played back at update is "Avast virus database has been updated" rather than "Virus database has been updated." It's a minor difference I know but I always get slightly paranoid over changes in things like anti-virus programs that I didn't expect. :) It reports itself as a current version so have I just got a slightly different version of the same program (i.e. I think I picked the multilingual version for download. Could this be the reason why it's slightly different?)

Many thanks :)

CharleyO

Re: Different versions or same with minor changes?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »

As long as you are using version 5 of avast instead of version 4.8, the voices will be different.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
Your version is fine, the latest one that you download now from cnet does have a different voice, its a bit more lively and positive, still have the original voice on my other machine with 5.0.677.

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:15:24 PM »

Your version is fine, the latest one that you download now from cnet does have a different voice, its a bit more lively and positive, still have the original voice on my other machine with 5.0.677.

Thanks for the input and information, craigb.   :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
No worries, thank's for the acknowledgement