Author Topic: Resolved: Virus in Boot scan will not be moved ,deleted or repaired.  (Read 6665 times)

athome34GBK

Hi,
I updated avast! from version 4.8 to 5.0.677 on Sept.7/10. Please help as this problem below has just occurred and I have no idea what to do. See my OS in the picture below.

On the Boot scan that  ran when I opened the computer this  virus problem showed up.

1] File Name                Severity                   Status
    C:\HP\BIN\EndProcess.exe       Low                 PUP:Win32:Killapp..

2] Actions taken                     All results show
  Repair /Move to Chest/Delete     Error:The system cannot find the file specified

When I ran the boot scan the options to scan the 2 other areas were ticked in the scan settings. Resuts: All Scan Results  above.

In order to proceed from the boot scan I had to tick Ignore and then the total scan proceeded.

1] Please help me know what to do with this infected file. Is there a way to clean it up?
 2] Can it spread to other areas of my computer and can it infect others via emailing?

Thank you , athome34GBK

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:29:00 AM by athome34GBK »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:40:26 PM by Pondus »

Mugged

Re: Virus in Boot scan will not be moved ,deleted or repaired.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
Don't know much about virus but you may want to look at my similar problem which i think may be a false alert

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63669.0

athome34GBK

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:09:42 PM »
I have read the info on the links you gave me. Now it seems the same file has appeared in my virus chest. { Snap pic below} I now have a  basic understanding of PUP.
I think I can delete this file now but do not know if I should leave it in the chest awhile to see if things run alright.

What do you think?      Much appreciated, athome34GBK         
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:12:12 PM by athome34GBK »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »
I think I can delete this file now but do not know if I should leave it in the chest awhile to see if things run alright.
Clean, Quarantine, or Delete?
http://antivirus.about.com/b/2007/03/11/clean-quarantine-or-delete.htm

athome34GBK

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »
 Thank you, this is a very helpful link and article.  avast! 5.0.667 is a great pruduct. Why be nervous to use the Chest!                           Much appreciated, athome34GBK