Author Topic: Where do I find the Sandbox  (Read 3415 times)

dialtone

Where do I find the Sandbox
« on: September 10, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »
I must be blind or something. I can't seem to locate any setting for Sandbox. How can I access it's features and functions? Is there a hidden menu?

Thanks

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Where do I find the Sandbox
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:27:52 AM »
and what avast version do you have....free / pro / AIS  ?

well since you did not answer i guess you got the picture..... #3 from the bottom

http://www.avast.com/en-eu/comparison-chart#tab3
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:52:57 AM by Pondus »

dialtone

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:17:23 AM »
Sorry that I didn't provide the answers.

I have AIS 5.0.677 with 2 yr license.

When I look at the PDF manual, I see it listed under the Real Time Shields menu.

Well, I don't have the same items listed there.

OS is WinXP Pro 64 bit.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:23:08 AM by dialtone »

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:25:35 AM »
OS is WinXP Pro 64 bit.

Unfotunately, WinXP 64-bit OS is not supported, because Microsoft doesn't provide API for registry notification callbacks at this platform.

dialtone

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:01:39 AM »
OS is WinXP Pro 64 bit.

Unfotunately, WinXP 64-bit OS is not supported, because Microsoft doesn't provide API for registry notification callbacks at this platform.

Awww that just stinks. Maybe that has a little to do with all my issues and my NEW computer. Lot's of issues with that and not just Avast.

Jon_T

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 06:57:31 AM »
OS is WinXP Pro 64 bit.

avast! needs to correct their page as to not XP 64bit:
http://www.avast.com/en-eu/internet-security#tab2

new avast! Sandbox
Enables potentially exploitable programs (such as web browsers) and/or suspicious executables to be run in a safe, virtual environment. The avast! Sandbox is unique as it runs on both 32 and 64bit platforms.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 01:47:50 PM »
The best things in life are free.

dialtone

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »
OS is WinXP Pro 64 bit.

avast! needs to correct their page as to not XP 64bit:
http://www.avast.com/en-eu/internet-security#tab2

new avast! Sandbox
Enables potentially exploitable programs (such as web browsers) and/or suspicious executables to be run in a safe, virtual environment. The avast! Sandbox is unique as it runs on both 32 and 64bit platforms.

It is the main reason I bought the AIS in the first place. I liked the Free Antivirus version and thought that the AIS would work just as well, since it's stated that it works with 32 and 64 bit versions of WinXP.

Sorta makes me wonder if it's really working as it's supposed to. I know my new machine is having bad issues, but it could be New technology hardware and an older OS. I'll try looking for more uptodate drivers than what the Motherboard came with, before I do anthing drastic.  

**EDIT**
I formated the Hard Drive and reinstalled WinXP Pro 64bit. Avast Internet Security is working as it does in another machine. It's updating itself with no errors. It sure stinks to not have all the features that are available in other operating systems.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:43:54 PM by dialtone »