Author Topic: Can't find Standard Shield basic or advanced page  (Read 1568 times)

AnnieMS

Can't find Standard Shield basic or advanced page
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
Avast 4.8 prof on winxp tab ed sp3

If I understand Avast's help info correctly, standard shield is Avast's real time protection that checks programs run and files opened for viruses. I'm not sure if it's part of resident shield or if resident shield is just the online virus checker "providers". If I go to Tasks in the enhanced user's interface and rclick resident protection > properties I don't see anything that looks like the standard shield. And I can't find anything else in the EUI that leads to the Standard shield basic or advanced pages per help info.

One post in my forum search for standard shield described left clicking the avast icon and then clicking custom, but didn't say if that was the simple or enhanced user's interface. It didn't work for me in simple. I get a slider to choose standard, high or disabled, but no custom choices.

What am I not seeing, clicking on?

YoKenny

Re: Can't find Standard Shield basic or advanced page
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
Why not update to avast! V5 ???

Avast! Version 5.0 is here!!!
January 19th, 2010 Vincent Steckler

Today is the big day—the day we (and many of you) have been waiting for—we are starting the release of the Version 5.0 products today. This is a pretty complicated roll-out so we are staging it. Today we will be releasing the new products (and the new website) in English and French. Over the next 10 days or so, we will be releasing the products and website in additional languages (German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Russian, Polish, Chinese, Japanese, and possibly Korean, and Arabic). Other languages will then be added as we have them available.
http://blog.avast.com/2010/01/19/avast-version-5-0-is-here