Author Topic: Registration Information  (Read 3039 times)

deckard

Registration Information
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
I will need to reinstall the free version on a machine I want to rebuild, but I forgot which email I used to register.
I don't see the current registration info anywhere. I don't recall receiving a confirmation email after I registered through the program either.
Is there a way to retrieve the registration data? I'd like to use the same information when I reinstall.

Thank you!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Registration Information
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
Click on Maintenance, than Registration for online registering.
1) Open Avast.
2) Click on "Maintenance" then "Registration".
3) Fill out the form for your license key and click "Submit".

When the time is about to expire you will receive a popup notice to register it again.
Note that you will also need to do steps above if you ever need to reinstall the program.
The best things in life are free.

deckard

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »
Thank you for your reply. However, I know what I need to do to register, I am trying to see if there is a way to retrieve the previous registration info.
I will need to register again and I want to use the same email address I used previously (I have a few and can't remember which one I submitted).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:59:23 PM by deckard »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:19:33 PM »
Can you not find the registration email you were sent by avast.com in your old emails.

Since this is the free version, personally I wouldn't spend time on it you don't have to remember the email you used, just re-register using another email address. That way you get a further 12 months and not what remained on the old registration.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

deckard

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:30:26 PM »
I don't think you receive any confirmation email when you register the free edition "online" through the program.
I looked and did not find anything from avast within the time I registered previously.
It certainly makes sense to just use another email, only I would rather receive any further communication from avast via one address.
I think it would be nice to have a "This Program is Registered to" dialog on the About page or similar which displays your account info.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 03:58:24 AM »
I don't think you receive any confirmation email when you register the free edition "online" through the program.
No, you do not receive anything.

I think it would be nice to have a "This Program is Registered to" dialog on the About page or similar which displays your account info.
Your subscription tab (folder) into the Maintenance group.
The best things in life are free.