Author Topic: Avast and Malware Protection?  (Read 27795 times)

devilsnight228

Avast and Malware Protection?
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »
Does Avast Free protect against Malware?
Antivirus with anti-spyware
The minimum protection for every PC.

MSE states Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast and Malware Protection?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:55:27 PM »
Of course!
Malware is the generic name for virus, spyware, adware, malicious things, etc. etc.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »
Anti-spyware/malware are almost interchangeable there is very little difference, malware is a very generic term and not so much a different area. So yes it does.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tybo666

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:38:15 AM »
You are all full of crap! I never seen so many retarded people in my life! Avast can not remove malware or viruses! If you are already infected, it can not even find it. It only protects from the point you install it. If you were infected before you installed it, well, it is what it is!
Spybot 15 or Super antispy is your only free help from there. This is the truth! Don't believe what the people say to you! They are retards!

tybo666

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:43:33 AM »
These guys are working for them! They want you to download something you have to pay for! Like "spyhunter 4" Its a crock of shit! You have to pay for it! Spybot 15 or Superantispyware are free! Don't listen to these idiots!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »
These guys are working for them! They want you to download something you have to pay for! Like "spyhunter 4" Its a crock of s**t! You have to pay for it! Spybot 15 or Superantispyware are free! Don't listen to these idiots!
Where do you see us reomend a program you have to pay for?

Avast can not remove malware or viruses! If you are already infected, it can not even find it.
Then maybe you can give us a example....

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »
To the OP many of us use avast free and MalwareBytes Free or Pro.
avast and MBAM work well together give really good protection.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

tybo666

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:28 AM »
I just wanted to apologize for what I said earlier. I was way out of line. I guess Im just upset with a virus one of my PC's has on it, and Avast can't find it. I do feel Avast is an excellent program, and recomend it to all my family! This "V9 portal" is just a nasty virus and nothing can seem to find it? So once again I am sorry for anyone I have offended :-/

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 04:59:06 AM »
V9 portal portal is not a virus, but a Browser Hijacker and classed as PUP
PUP = not a virus / Possible Unwanted Program ......  avast PUP scan is default off exept in boot scan

it can be removed using AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

attach logs here from AdwCleaner / Malwarebytes / OTL
when done a removal expert will help you

tybo666

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 05:48:28 AM »
Thank you so much! I will try this what you said! I thought it was some type of virus. It just will not go away! It just keeps changing my home page on every browser I have. I will try what you offer. Again I am sorry for my poor choice of words that I used earlier. That was very childish, and unexceptable!

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »
Thank you so much! I will try this what you said! I thought it was some type of virus. It just will not go away! It just keeps changing my home page on every browser I have. I will try what you offer. Again I am sorry for my poor choice of words that I used earlier. That was very childish, and unexceptable!
Well, this topic you've hijacked with your rude and uncalled for language (no one insulted you) was originally posted on September 10, 2010.  Hence the Watched notice as user for you for using the language you did.

If you've still got an issue as above, please start your own topic.  We can help you from there. 
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801