Author Topic: inaccessible settings- resolved  (Read 9246 times)

emel

Re: inaccessible settings
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 06:45:06 AM »
thank you for your valuable instructions. all sighted help is on vacation till next week. therefore i will get back to this forum next week
cheers, emel

emel

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 01:14:13 AM »
i have finally successfully uninstalled using both add/remove programs and avast uninstaller.  a big thank you to all who gave advice. i think the step-by-step instruction on a clean uninstall offered by 'AVAST EVANGELIST' would be great in FAQ. a heartfelt thank you to you
emel.

SafeSurf

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 02:02:28 AM »
Emel,

I am so happy that everything finally worked out for you!  :D  I'm glad that my step-by-step instructions helped you and the person assisting you.

Now that your issue is resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed.  

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you for allowing me to assist you.  :)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:21:08 AM by SafeSurf »

kariuro

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
The selfdefence window is very dificult for screen reader users. Avast team should make this window accessable to screenreader users.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »
The selfdefence window is very dificult for screen reader users. Avast team should make this window accessable to screenreader users.
Are you referring to the autosandbox window? There isn't a selfdefense window... Oh, there is an UAC-like window, but that can't be read by screen readers as it is, as must be, an independent window that asks for user intervention.
How do you read/listen the UAC Windows messages?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 09:29:26 PM »
If the self-defence module kicks in there is a window (the black/transparency and dialogue box), but it takes over the whole screen isolating it from the system so it can't be remotely closed or the action boxes automatically clicked.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kariuro

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »
Jaws for windoes screen reader can read most of the avast popup messages without problems. The only  problem area is the selfdefence popup messages. I am not windows programmer so I can not give better answers to thees questions.