Author Topic: avast pro block all web sites  (Read 9429 times)

progress

avast pro block all web sites
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »
I have just installed avast pro antivirus 5 and since ,all web sites are blocked, also the iphone cannot be seen by the itunes unless i uninstall the avast, any one has solution for this???

SafeSurf

Re: avast pro block all web sites
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
Hello progress and welcome to the forum.  :)

Avast cannot block the Internet unless the actual site is malicious and the web shield is warning you from entering a site.  The most likely cause is your firewall (FW) blocking you or a previous antivirus (AV) on your system.

First I need to know the following:
1.   What is your OS, 32 or 64-bit?
2.   What version of Avast did you install?  5.0.677 or something else? 
3.   What other security software do you currently have or did you have in the past on this machine including antivirus (AV), firewall (FW), and other security programs?  If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or another way)? 

Check to see that your FW is not blocking any components of Avast, and report back to us with your reply to the questions above.  Thank you.

progress

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:25:01 PM »
thanks for your quick response, the avast blocks all sites nothing comes out also it makes itunes does not see iphone ,here are answers to your questions:
1. windows 7 32 bit
2.version 5.0.677
3.now i ave none, hn the past norton , it was remove from control panal/ program and features thru vendor removing tool

the fw is not blocking any component,also please note if i uninstall avast every thing works fine

regards

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »
Yes, but what is the firewall, as on occasion even though an application isn't blocked it still does ?

Does it allow avastSvc.exe internet access ?
- If it does delete the entry for it and reconnect to the internet, this should force the firewall to ask permission again.

You shouldn't have to uninstall avast, as that leaves you unprotected, Stop the Web Shield and see if that resolves the problem, if so that is a good indication it is firewall blocking avast rather than avast blocking internet connections (avast 5 pro doesn't have a firewall).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

progress

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
thanks once again, I would like to inform you that uninstalling the avast and then reinstalling again(twice) have resolved the problem without doing any thing to the FW  ( i do not know why yet!!)

however now i got another problem : the avast pro says i have  the antispam off but when i hit the fix bottom it does not work !! or even if you go down trying to make it trun on it does not work , any solution for this???

thanks

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
Did you reboot after your recent installation?

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 10:08:51 AM »
If you already rebooted without success, then you can try an Avast Repair:

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus > Remove.
Then choose Repair function in the pop-up window (Repair).  Reboot.

Let us know how this works for you.  Thank you.

dappertje

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »
Hello
I still got the problem that all websites are blocked.
If I switch of the webshield all is working fine.
What can I do to switch the webshield on and stil can access the internet.

br
Dappertje

progress

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »
yes i reboot after the reinstallation and i have tried what you have suggested done the repair option and reboot
this took me to the first sequare i.e. no internet and itune does not find my iphone also i checked the firewall and there is no mention of any avast application, also when i switched the web shield off i am able to get the web.

please advise what else can we do?? and it seem there is another people expireince same problem

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 11:43:30 AM »
If you cannot connect to any site, and stopping avast! WebShield solves that - then it certainly looks like something (usually a firewall) is blocking avast! service (AvastSvc.exe) from accessing the Internet.
Are you absolutely sure you don't have any firewall installed?

DavidCo

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »
@progress
You say that you have Anti-virus Pro V5 installed
Then you say
the avast pro says i have  the antispam off
One of these is in error?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »
Are you absolutely sure you don't have any firewall installed?
What Windows Security Center or Action Center says about the firewalls installed?
The best things in life are free.

progress

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
thanks for all, i have the windows firewall and the action centre does not say anything about the firewalls
i think there is something with this program(avast pro)

SafeSurf

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
i have the windows firewall and the action centre does not say anything about the firewalls.
If your Windows firewall (FW) is on but the Action Center says it is off, then something is wrong with the Action Center.  Please see this to help you fix this problem: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23457.0...thank you Tech for putting this together.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 02:36:45 AM »
Aren't you, by any chance, running Norton parental controls software?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.