Author Topic: Avast reports Trojan on clean web site  (Read 12959 times)

dumperdunger

Re: Avast reports Trojan on clean web site
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 07:42:23 AM »
Hi, Sorry to jump in on this thread but I have avast free on a win7 pc and it sometimes gives me a warning about threats on a web site, and a site ive been to before without problem. When it first happened I got outa there real quick, but after a little while of this happening I tried accessing the same website on another pc on my network (which has the same version of avast) and theres no warning. Hasnt done it for a while now but it was strange. Not bashing an excellent product but just adding my 2 bobs worth.

SafeSurf

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25:13 AM »
Peterl,

Please go back to Post #2 that you made and edit your post of the link you put in it from www..... to wXx so that others cannot get malware if they accidentally click on the link and go to that site.

To edit your post, click on the Modify button on the upper right corner of your post window > make the change in your post > click Save on the bottom left corner.  Thank you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »
Hi, Sorry to jump in on this thread but I have avast free on a win7 pc and it sometimes gives me a warning about threats on a web site, and a site ive been to before without problem. When it first happened I got outa there real quick, but after a little while of this happening I tried accessing the same website on another pc on my network (which has the same version of avast) and theres no warning. Hasnt done it for a while now but it was strange. Not bashing an excellent product but just adding my 2 bobs worth.

Please start your own topic (so it doesn't confuse/hijack this one) and the site can be investigated. Avast it probably the hottest defence against what is the most prevalent means of infection and that is sites that have been hacked. There are very few AVs even looking for this, much less capable of detection.

The web shield has been very accurate in its detections, of all those I have investigated the very greatest majority have proven to be good detections as the many topics relating to such detections show. That isn't to say it is 100% as nothing is 100% and is true of all security software.

Without detailed investigation all this is speculation as the web shield scans in real time, so it is entirely possible that a) the site has cleaned out the inserted code of the hacking attack or b) if an incorrect detection the signature updated/corrected. But without information no one can say for certain.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline e1

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 07:06:22 AM »
Have somebody solution for this JS:Redirector-CV trojan problem? I have same warnings on my webs, but the code is clean.

SafeSurf

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 10:03:28 AM »
@ e1,

Please stay with the same thread that you started for this topic:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=65971.msg558023#msg558023 as this will only confuse the people trying to help you.  Thank you.