Author Topic: Can I use only 1 License?  (Read 3441 times)

jdouglas

Can I use only 1 License?
« on: September 15, 2010, 05:39:46 PM »
I have 1 client that has 2 locations they are completly seperate networks. Both have Standard Server. Is it possible to to purchase 1 license of 10 and use 5 at one location and 5 at another?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can I use only 1 License?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »
It may be best to address this to sales (at) avast (dot) com, as I wouldn't have though it would be a problem with a business with two locations to protect.

Though I don't know how they could get round this if they completely independent sites and are using ADNM at both sites to deploy licenses, etc. as there would be no way to count the total users at both sites.

I don't work for avast (nor use the ADNM product) so I can't speak with any authority.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Can I use only 1 License?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »
I've never had to have two locations under the same license before (on two seperate networks anyway), but I agree with David.  All you should have to do is contact sales and explain that you wish to purchase 5 for each site.

If you connect the two networks further on down the road, you'll just need the one license file, and could use two AMS mirrors if you wanted to with the same license.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum